What does a (perfect) workday look like?
Reporting to the Development Manager, you spend a fair amount of time contributing in the creation of Test Automation Framework and Test Automation suites. You start the day by connecting with the team to look at the existing tasks and discuss more complex tasks within the job function.
You analyze and monitor progress and trends to ultimately reduce risk and improve the quality and performance of deliverables. Your motto? "Brilliant at basics": you focus with the team on the creation of enhancements of procedures and policies to seek the continuous improvement of the QA practices and culture in the team.
You will work with experienced team members to support continuous integration process improvement and innovation and assist in the management, maintenance and monitoring of test environments.
Finally, you dedicate the last part of your day to your own learning on innovative tech and discover what could be the next innovation to implement at Clearly.
Where we expect you to shine:
- As a QA Automation Engineer, you must have strong skills in a variety of categories: engineering and technology, verbal and written communication, problems solving, reasoning and logic and practical skills like exceptional documentation and time management. As a QA Automation engineer you are also required to have the following technical skills:
- Proficient programmer in Java
- 3+ years hands-on test automation experience using Test automation tools with Selenium, cucumber or similar tools; No manual testing
- Hands-on experience with IDE development tools
- Experience testing within an Agile environment
- Proficient experience with SQL, XML and web services tools as well as understanding HTML
- Deep knowledge of SDLC and Agile methodologies
- Experience with distributed source control systems such as GIT or TFS
Your main KPIs:
- Completeness of design
- Timelines of deliveries
- Rate of errors and fixes required
- Number of re-works
- Positive attitude and team engagement
- Solid understanding of the process
- Handle multi-task ability
Why we want you?
- Because our Mission to eradicate poor vision in the World is now your Mission as well
- Because you know what you are talking about: you are a subject matter expert on development of testing approaches and methodologies related to testing tools with 3+ years experience.
- Because you have the ability to understand business requirements and system designs in order to select, develop and utilize automated testing.
- Because you have a Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent
- Because pursuit for how to continuously exceed performance goals
- Because you have strong organization and project management skills.
- Because you have strong communication skills and ability to work with many different people.
- Because you love solving problems
- Because you have a detail oriented mindset and the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
What's in it for you?
- You will be a part of a team that is making a difference - improving lives by improving sight
- Clearly will help you save for your future with 100% matching through our Employee Shareholding & Retirement Savings plans
- Receive paid time during work hours to volunteer and be recognized for your volunteer hours during non-work hours
- A total rewards package which includes extended health benefits and an annual flex spending account
- Open concept Vancouver office, designed to inspire collaboration and innovation
- Opportunities for learning and career development through an annual education allotment and employee lunch and learns
- 50% employee discount on clearly.ca
- A company that celebrates successes and recognizes its team.