The QA Automation Lead is a key contributor to the establishment and implementation of the bank's automated testing practice. You will apply our new automation services to introduce innovative testing and test automation approaches for both iterative and traditional application development lifecycles. You will be part of an existing QA team, working closely with both product and platform teams and product owners. You will be expected to drive a quality mindset throughout the full product lifecycle to ensure testable user stories and acceptance criteria are consistently created. You will be working with the cross-organizational teams to ensure that the automation test suite is fully integrated into the CI/CD pipeline implementing appropriate thresholds for break build rules.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of Valley's Test Automation strategy.
- Participate in sprint/project/release planning to establish and maintain testing plans and initial scheduling estimates per project.
- Work with project teams to ensure that system requirements and solution designs are clearly understood and testable.
- Work with the teams to develop automated UI and API tests.
- Work with the teams to build and maintain their automated regression tests.
- Introduce relevant testing approaches into the teams (e.g. TDD / BDD).
- Work with the teams to triage and rapidly resolve defects.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts for the maturation of the IT QA/QC function and the overall SDLC/PMLC.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and advocate for IT QA/QC to promote a culture of good quality practices.
- Experience with UI automation tools (such as Selenium).
- Experience with API testing tools (such as SoapUI / Postman).
- Experience with agile workflow tools (such as Jira / Azure DevOps).
- Experience with working within continuous delivery environments.
- TestComplete, Qmetry, UFT, QTP, or similar tools for desktop and mobile application testing.
- Relevant programming skills (such as Python / Java / C++ / SQL).
- Strong understanding of and experience testing solutions built with Salesforce.
- Excellent time management, planning and multi-tasking skills to support more than 1 testing campaign at the same time.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, phone, video, etc.).
- Other good to have exposure or skills: Lightning Component Framework, Apex, Visualforce, Automated Performance Testing, Automated Security Testing (SCA, DCA, PEN).
- High School diploma or GED and a minimum of 5 years automated software testing experience (writing, executing and reporting functional test cases).
- Good understanding of testing technology (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS).
- Experience of testing solutions built on both Low and No-Code platforms (such as Salesforce).
- Experience with automated software testing in a banking environment, experience creating automated testing for the Salesforce platform and/or experience with testing of nCino for SalesForce is preferred.