$100K — $150K *
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses and to our own.
The Institutional Securities Technology division (IST) develops and oversees the technology strategy and bespoke technology solutions to drive and enable the institutional business and enterprise-wide functions. With a global footprint of around 4,000 resources, sourcing and managing our talent pool whilst responding the business demand is a complex and dynamic challenge.
Algorithmic Trading Services QA [ ATS QA ] is a global QA team assembled to provide Quality Assurance services for software developed for the Algorithmic Electronic Trading, Client and Exchange Connectivity inside of Morgan Stanley Electronic Trading, part of the global Institutional Securities Business.
ATS QA is looking for a senior technical devops engineer as part of Resiliency Testing team. The Resiliency Team will evaluate application's ability to recover after a business continuity incident/failovers that includes compliance, endurance, load and recovery testing.
The team will work together with internal and external stakeholders on current resiliency performance and areas of improvement. We are looking for a teammate who has experience analyzing processes and their component assets to improve the resiliency and recoverability of the process.
This role will help to define an approach and standards for evaluating the resiliency of critical business processes in the Institutional Securities Technology [ IST ] team.
- Design and development of playbooks and other process evaluation tools
- Identify manual processes and systems that can be automated and scale those services accordingly
- Creation of resiliency test standards and procedures
- Development and delivery of technical designs.
5 - 8 years of experience across three cores areas: process design, technical architecture, and problem-solving skills. Ideal candidates will also have hands on experience with development and test automation tools/frameworks.
- Ability to analyze existing processes, models and workflows
- Ability to build process performance assessment criteria
- Ability to identify process improvements across numerous process attributes
- Ability to work with cross-functional groups
- Experience designing or improving business and technical processes
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong technical acumen
- Proficiency in Perl/Python
- Business continuity or disaster recovery experience
- Technical architecture experience; knowledge of application architecture and design
- Technical or Engineering Degree
Valid through: 11/5/2020