What you’ll be doing...
You will be responsible for designing automated tests to validate custom software system products and services. You will apply their experience and knowledge in reviewing requirements, creating test plans, detailed test cases, test reports, and producing quality assurance metrics. Other responsibilities include working closely with software and systems engineers in debugging and defining corrective actions.
- Support the scoping and implementation of technical solutions: estimate, prioritize, and coordinate testing activities.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans, test cases, and test reports.
- Utilize open source tools or develop custom scripts for automating tests to validate software products involving both back-end processing systems and front-end Web-based GUIs.
- Execute functional, integration, regression, performance, and resiliency tests for multiple applications/subsystems.
- Identify, record, and thoroughly document bugs.
- Track quality assurance metrics.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Testing experience on back-end data processing applications – hands on/working knowledge on Linux systems.
- Scripting experience with programming languages such as Python or Perl.
- Must be able to pass an extensive background investigation as a condition of employment.