Discover Trend … Since 1988, Trend Micro has been an internet security pioneer tackling an expanding malware landscape. When you join Trend, you join a unique global family with more than 25 years of history, marked by an entrepreneurial spirit and vision that has assured our products are always on the cutting edge in a very competitive field. Here in Ottawa, the company has a growing office, a great culture and a willingness to give back to our community.
Your role: We are looking for someone who is passionate about QA and Automation to help us build Trend’s next generation cloud security products. You will help us establish the foundation of our automated test strategy and adopt it to our Agile / Scrum environment as the cornerstone of our continuous delivery product cycle. Achieving this will require knowledge and experience with test for cloud deployments, and an ability to roll up your sleeves to fill in the gaps when required.
As a Senior QA Automation Engineer you will:
- Develop automation strategies to deliver a next generation security analytics product
- Integrate automated testing with every phase of software delivery to deliver content with confidence
- Create and maintain a set of automated tests for both scale and functional test
- Bring knowledge of best practices for quality assurance
- Be a part of an integrated Agile Development team, working closely with software developers, data scientists, and sales from the beginning of the development cycle
- Mentor and advise our growing team
- 5+ Years of Software Quality Assurance experience
- 3-5 years of hands on practice experience in developing web based automation
- Working knowledge of Selenium, Webdriver and the page-object model
- Strong knowledge of performance testing and scaling software systems
- Experience developing, writing in one or more scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Powershell, Python)
- Experience installing and configuring Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum practices and processes and experience in an agile team environment
- Experience with Atlassian software development and collaboration tools (JIRA/Confluence)
- Practical experience using source code and control systems, especially Git
A Great Place to Work @ Trend Micro Ottawa
The R&D teams at Trend comprised of highly effective small teams that take ownership for various areas of our product and services. The teams work hard innovating to make the best software imaginable. The atmosphere is relaxed, fun, and we strongly value work/life balance and continued learning … some things about us:
- Collaborative workspaces with unique and spacious lounge areas
- Flexible hours
- Regular Hack Days!
- Opportunities to pursue training, industry events and conferences
- Opportunities to attend Ottawa Events at the Canadian Tire Center Corporate Box
- Global company, global opportunities
- Frequent team activities, project celebrations, and knowledge sharing
- Foosball, ping pong, etc.
- Regular pizza lunches
- Free coffee and tea
- Cheap snacks and sodas