Interested in making a difference in health care? How about working for Welltok? We’re a fanatical team of healthcare enthusiasts on a mission to create a world where every healthcare consumer can achieve and sustain their optimal health. We have been building analytics driven heath care solutions to payers, patients, providers and hospital systems. We’re working hard, having fun, making history; come join us!
As a member of the fast-growing Tea Leaves Health team, you will be accountable for overall Quality Assurance of software development deliverables. Responsible for analysis, design & development of automation and manual test cases and scripts for testing new and existing features for client facing SaaS based CRM, business intelligence, analytics applications. In addition, you will have significant influence on spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The successful candidate will have deep understanding of QA standards, solid experience with developing test automation framework, hands-on experience in test automation tools, programming languages with extensive experience with testing data systems and possess the ability to cross train and mentor other team members on best practices, methods and use of proprietary internal tools. The SDET will be an active contributor in a collaborative Scrum team environment, and passionate about the quality of our work, our clients and our culture.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes requirements (User stories, Epics) to develop manual test cases, test plans, determine the feasibility of test automation and plan for test execution.
- Create and execute manual test cases for functionality/feature testing and execute exploratory testing.
- Create automation scripts/suites for performing Regression, Smoke and Integration testing
- Create, maintain and execute automation suites to verify monthly data builds
- Development and maintenance of automation test framework, testing tools & infrastructure.
- Create solid test plans, templates, and strategies for both automation and manual testing, report test automation results and metrics.
- Perform exploratory testing and work with product owner to document gaps & issues.
- Work as part of the scrum team for daily updates, story estimation, contribute to the solution design, release planning, sprint planning sessions.
- Data analysis for existing and new features and Database Validation (SQL)
- Assist the production deployment, DevOps, defect triaging and customer support.
- Web Service API testing (JSON, REST, SOAP)
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent is desirable
- 3–6 years of experience in quality assurance for a technology product/client facing website1 with minimum 2 years of experience in Test automation.
- Deep understanding & experience on various kinds of QA testing, best practices.
- Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (Java/Scala preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
- Must have knowledge on Agile development, software engineering best practices, Dev Ops.
- Experience in implementing test automation from ground up (framework, tools, process) and transforming QA to support agile development and continuous delivery.
- Strong communication, analytical skills with ability to present complex ideas with clarity.
- Self-driven with sense of ownership, urgency, drive and willingness to work in a small startup like environment with tight schedules and frequent priority changes
- Hands on experience working with test automation tools like Selenium, SoapUI
- Must have strong data analysis skills with ability to write intermediate SQL queries on DB tools like PostgreSQL, MongoDB with experience in Data ingestion/ETL testing.
- Must have passion for continuous improvement with ability to research, prototype and implement end to end solutions for complex problems.
Nice to have skills:
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and testing solutions
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Unix shell scripting, Python, Perl, or otherscriptinglanguages
- Knowledge/experience working on Unix/Linux OS
- Experience with Health care data, claims
- Nonfunctional test automation tool experience (ex. JMeter, LoadRunner, ZAP, etc.)
- Knowledge/experience on CI tools (like Jenkins), Test driven development (TDD), Behavioral driven development (BDD), Cucumber, TestNG, RedwoodHQ.
- Experience on tools like Maven, Gradle, Git, Jira, Eclipse, Bitbuckett, Confluence
- Experience in BI/report testing, Big data analytics