THE RGP EXPERIENCE
Whether you desire to work directly with clients or support those who do, RGP connects you to meaningful opportunities designed to put your talents to their best and highest use, and help you develop skills for today and tomorrow. As an RGP employee, you are a champion for your team, driven to develop their functional acumen in a manner that is transformative and valuable. You help guide people and organizations to be and become more than they thought possible and have the ultimate service mentality based on openness, understanding and teamwork.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
RGP is looking for a highly motivated, resourceful QA Automation Engineer located in the Raleigh, NC area to join a small “start-up” environment within a larger well-established corporation. This critical team member must be skilled in contributing their expertise to building a transformative solution that will revolutionize the way consulting firms execute. This individual’s primary focus will be the design, implementation and maintenance of an automation test bed that will support a continuous delivery environment for an enterprise application.
ATTRIBUTES OF INDIVIDUALS IN THIS ROLE AT RGP
- Demonstrates integrity and respect for people and opinions
- Strong personal identification with RGP’s values – loyalty, integrity, focus, enthusiasm, accountability and talent
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
- Work closely with QA lead to define and execute on test plans
- Work with key stakeholders to translate business requirements and user stories into test cases, suites, and scripts.
- Work within high-level test plans to support automated integration, component, performance, security, and end-to-end testing.
- Support development team's unit testing implementation by providing testing best practices and assistance as needed
- Identify, document, and track software defects
- Triage bugs and translate into actionable test activities
- Contribute and help support development operations within a continuous integration and delivery solution
- Participate in daily scrumevents and other regular agile activities
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
- B.S. or M.S. in computer science or related field from an accredited university
- 5 – 10 years of formal experience in developing automated testing within an Agile and continuous delivery environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (team is 100% remote)
- Experience with an automated test framework (Pytest, Junit, TestNG, Jest, etc.)
- Experience with automated UI web testing (Selenium WebDriver, Puppeteer, etc.)
- Knowledge of web services, HTTP verbs
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Knowledge of CI/CD with a DevOps mindset is preferred
- Knowledge of event streaming architectures (Apache Kafka) is preferred
- Experience with containerization and orchestration (Docker, K8s) is preferred
- Experience working in a cloud environment (Azure, AWS, OpenShift, GCP, Heroku, etc.) is preferred