The Senior Automation Software Test Engineer provides expertise in technologies and processes for Quality Assurance (QA) and Testing. He/She provides expertise for the company’s key business functions and supporting technologies.
This San Diego Security as a Service company is a fast-growing organization, focused on providing security enhancement on software products for Fortune 100 companies.
They offer a fun, fast-paced environment, with lots of room for growth. If this sounds good to you, join the team!
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience with testing Python Applications.
- Technical depth to create and run test scripts that cover a wide variety of scenarios such as smoke, functional, regression, endurance, and performance testing
- Excellent background in foundational concepts of testing, software development lifecycle (SDLC) and testing practices throughout SDLC
- Experience and strong understanding of automation tools such as Selenium, SoapUI, HP UFT, JMeter
- Experience building and developing test automation for APIs and Web Services using http protocol, JSON and XML
- Experience testing contents for web/mobile
- Ability to read Python code and create tests of code logic.
- Experience with test data set up using SQL
- Experience with building acceptance tests.
- Excellent collaboration skills to partner with Developers, QA Engineers and PMs.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with Agile Scrum framework
- Experience with test automation for software products deployed in a cloud or hybrid environment utilizing cloud service platforms such as AWS
- Experience with Docker Containers a plus.
- Experience with Gitlab for Unit Testing.
- Six or more years of technology and software testing work experience.
What You Will Be Doing
- Develops and creates test ware (e.g., deliverables, plans, environment, data set-up, test cases, etc.) to ensure product test requirements are met
- Provides QA and testing input into business decisions and participates in project risk assessment reviews to increase efficiencies and to reduce risk
- Executes tests and reviews results to ensure requirements and objectives are met
- Identifies tasks and methods that can be automated to ensure resources are maximized
- Remains current in test automation technology and software capabilities to ensure efficient utilization of resources
- Remains current with industry trends, emerging technology and best practices within the testing discipline to disseminate updated knowledge throughout the organization
- Competitive Salary: Up to $105K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.