$80K — $100K *
QA Automation Engineer Position Description:
We are seeking a QA Automation Engineer who will partner with our QA Lead Automation Engineer in developing and maintaining our suite of automated tests. The QA Automation Engineer will also be working collaboratively with the BA(s), Development and Business Teams in developing test applications across the corporation’s LOBs. The QA Automation Engineer will also be responsible for helping to implement quality assurance practices for our automation, working with business analysts, software development teams and manual QA team to coordinate testing efforts, prepare test plans, and help develop best practices that will support an existing agile development methodology.
• Requires a BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or relevant experience of 5-7 years.
• Strong test cases development experience
• Strong experience with Selenium WebDriver and other testing platforms to create automation scripts and develop and manage a portfolio of test cases.
• Experience in all stages of application testing including UI, backend, functional, regression
• Working knowledge of Java
• Working knowledge of SQL
• Knowledge of Restful Services/APIs and Testing
• Experience testing Pega, Salesforce or other types of BDM applications a plus
• Experience with Performance testing and test tools a plus
• Insurance or Financial Services experience a plus
• Strong communication and collaboration skills, both verbal and written
• Experience working with Agile development methodologies
• Strong problem solving, communication and analytical skills
• Proven ability to deliver quality results in a rigorous and dynamic business environment
• Highly organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, and be a self-starter in a fast-paced environment with demanding internal and external deadlines
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Partner with our QA Lead Automation Engineer in developing and maintaining our automated tests suite
• Show strong business and technical judgment that will accelerate time to market of releases, while incrementally moving our services towards the long-term vision
• Interact with Business SMEs, BA, Development and QA Teams as required.
• Develop software verification plans and quality assurance processes and procedures
• Assess the risks of various solutions and prioritize competing business demands
• Serve as a subject matter expert for QA Automation regarding Platforms, Development and Processes
• Comply with project plans and industry standards
• Quality – Demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail always; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
• Technical Skills -Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others
• Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities and takes ownership of tasks at hand; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed
• Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention
• Translates complex business requirement into functional test automation and implements those plans as designed
Valid through: 4/2/2021