Technology and Engineering - USA Oldsmar, Florida
The global leader in Marketing Science is looking for a QA Automation Engineer to join the team. The primary responsibility will be to build out the test automation framework for our cloud solutions. The QA Automation Engineer will have direct input on what test cases get automated. You'll collaborate with multiple scrum teams as a testing automation expert, helping to automate our software delivery pipelines. Previous experience working on a DevOps minded team, automating repetitive tasks is highly desired.
- Architect automated solutions and generate automated tests for cloud solutions, APIs, backend services, and other transactions
- Research, assess and facilitate the adoption of new tools and technologies
- Write and automate execution of repeatable tests for a global enterprise-grade cloud platform
- Generate test execution reports for technical and business teams
- Estimate testing efforts in a dynamic environment as part of a cross-functional team
- Contribute to best practices for testing, release, and sprint planning activities
- Understand and Interpret functional and technical requirements into test scenarios, ensuring acceptance criteria and client commitments are validated
- Plan and execute ad-hoc manual testing of end to end product features and user stories
- Analyze test results and make appropriate revisions to continuously improve on code quality and application test coverage
- Contribute to best practices for testing, software release, and sprint planning activities
- Facilitating automated build/deployment/validation for multiple environments according to established policies and quality standards
- Converting manual functional and regression scripts to data-driven automated scripts
- Work within scrum team to investigate and troubleshoot application incidents and internal defects, and improving the test model to proactively prevent future incidents
- Use Agile methodologies with a globally dispersed team.
- Deliver tools training to technical staff and acts as an internal automation consultant to advise business and technical teams
- 5+ years of QA automation experience
- Advanced knowledge of multiple testing tools and methodologies
- Advanced knowledge of Continuous integration process/tools
- Experience with database management systems
- Solid understanding of computer programming and software development principles
- Heavy Unix, Cloud, Hadoop on AWS and SQL background.
- Ansible, Shell Scripting, Zephyr, Java and Selenium skill-set.
- Worked in DevOps environment.
- Familiar with Agile methodology.
- 8+ years of IT experience
- Experience working with restful services
- Experience working with micro services
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure
- Experience working with Linux
- Experience working with big data frameworks (Spark, HDFS, Kafka)
- Bachelors in a computer science related field or equivalent experience
QA Automation Engineer - 8577