Responsible for ensuring high quality outcomes through the software development process by testing each part to ensure it meets company standards before moving to the next phase.Responsibilities
- Responsible for setup, configuration, and maintenance of automation environment and framework.
- Design, develop and maintain a modular, extensible and reusable test automation harness and scripts.
- Develop efficient and accurate automated performance test scripts.
- Accurately communicate testing estimates, status, and continually work toward removing project roadblocks with targeted on-time delivery against stated schedules.
- Identify, report, and track product defects as well as address need for additional product functionality in a clear and concise form.
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, ability to automate, or testing implications.
- Evaluates, builds, executes, and maintains a full test automation library with test scenarios to ensure requirements coverage and regression coverage.
- Write, revise, and verify test plans and test procedures for program defect identification, environment needs, and product feature evaluations.
- Assist in the evaluation and perform functional, regression, and integrated testing against new or modified software programs and procedures used to verify that programs function according to requirements and conform to establishment guidelines, manual or automated.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- At least 1 year of work experience performing automated software script development and execution
- At least 1 year of work experience writing manual test cases, test plans, and test execution.
- Strong understanding of technology, software quality assurance standards and practices with a natural inquisitiveness.
- Strong written and verbal communication with active listening skills and the ability to interact with a wide variety of technical and non-technical personnel via matrix navigation.
- Ability to logically identify issues using a level of abstraction and troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills and prediction where necessary in identifying defects, test coverage, and gaps in requirements.
- Ability to read and interpret business requirements and read, write and identify test specifications, test plans, and test scenarios.
- Ability to balance individual and team effort in collaborative processes while meeting set deadlines.
- Strong written and detail-oriented skills to effectively produce quality test cases and related test and release documentation with a high level of coverage.