ABOUT THIS ROLE:
You will be responsible for managing and executing the testing of our advanced insurance applications and platform.
You will need to learn and understand our product at a detailed level and coordinate with developers and the product team to execute the primary QA responsibilities, including:
- Be accountable for highly complex products as the primary automation QA
- Review development stories and help define and document the right test criteria and cases
- Work with product or project managers to establish timing and ensure timely completion of QA deliverables
- Design, execute, and maintain manual tests and test data
- Communicate with developers and product managers on specific issues
- Analyze and debug issues and collaborate with developers to ensure root cause is identified
- Prioritize issues and facilitate issue resolution
- Document test results with all necessary detail
- Develop and maintain QA guidelines and process documentation
- Identify and implement improved or more efficient QA processes
- Work in close collaboration with product, developers, and other QA members to produce high quality products and release on time
- Deploy and troubleshoot local, sandbox, and/or CI/CD environments to enable testing
You will lead and execute QA automation efforts by performing the following responsibilities:
- Design, create and maintain testing framework(s) as needed
- Automate back-end, API, front-end, and other test cases in a complex multi-product, multi-services environment using tools such as Selenium Protractor or by writing code in our inhouse testing framework
- Create tools to run automated tests at pre-set times automatically or at code merge
- Create reporting frameworks and actual reports for automated test results
Note: This role entails a mix of manual and automation work, with manual being the minority (10%-30%).
These skills are essential for success in this position:
- Minimum 5 years’ QA or developer experience on web applications in multi-application production environments.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or other related or similar field, e.g., Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics) or international equivalent degree or equivalent work experience
- Master's degree in Computer Science (or other related or similar field) + 1 year of relevant experience in lieu of BA/BS + 5 years experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- Hands-on experience writing, running, and maintaining automation testing frameworks and/or automated tests
- Demonstrable experience with more than one type of testing, for example, regression testing, ad hoc testing, feature testing, security testing, user interface testing, integration testing, performance testing, and/or user acceptance testing, etc.
- Qualified applicants must be authorized to work in the US with or without sponsorship now or in the future.
These skills are a plus:
- Selenium Protractor Experience
- Ability and willingness to look into code bases outside one’s direct responsibility to identify potential failure points
- Demonstrable experience with the Agile methodology and frequent releases
- Demonstrable experience in multi-platform testing (desktop, tablet, mobile) and multi-browser testing
- Demonstrable experience with quality assurance metrics and reporting
- Hands on experience in automated testing and framework creation
- Familiarity with CI/CD concepts and best practices including build and source control automation tools Jenkins and Git
- Demonstrable experience with SQL queries