Edelman Financial Engines is looking for a highly motivated, energetic individual who has a passion for QA testing to join the Investment Management team. You will be responsible for testing critical elements of our Financial Advisor and Managed Accounts services software.
- Design, develop, document, and execute automated testing using testing tools and writing automation for API testing in a Java environment.
- Review existing JUnit tests for coverage gaps, and augment as needed.
- Design, develop, document, and execute manual test cases
- Work with developers to isolate complex bugs and verify fixes
- Report software problems using bug tracking system (Jira)
- Provide timely status to the project team
- 5+ years of Quality Assurance experience in testing of multi-tiered, web-based environment and/or microservices
- 5+ years of demonstrated Java programming experience, including writing JUnit tests
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of all phases of development/test cycles (system, integration, regression, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of relational database (Oracle, Microsoft SQL, etc.)
- High comfort level with writing project test plans and test cases
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently, as well as a part of a project team
- Quantitative background sufficient to create test designs from selected financial algorithm specifications
- Interest in and aptitude for testing financial functionality
- Graduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent field
- Deep experience writing JUnit tests
- Testing in a Microservice, AWS environment
- Financial knowledge, preferably testing experience of financial applications
- Experience with NoSQL databases