QA Automation Engineer
5 - 7 years experience • Information Services
Join CCC Information Services on the CCC Drive team as a QA Automation Engineer and work in the exciting field of telematics.
On the CCC Drive team, we combine mobility technology and high-powered data and analytics software into a single, revolutionary offering in the usage-based auto insurance (UBI) market. Usage-based insurance means using electronic sensors to measure how a car is driven and setting rates based on those sensor readings. CCC Drive’s offering helps drivers improve their driving and benefit from personalized rates and safe-driver discounts. Recent contract signings are establishing CCC as a leader in telematics and usage of big data and cloud platforms to provide real time driving scoring
The QA Automation Engineer will be responsible for planning & testing of new telematics application software & related mobile applications. He or she will analyze, test, and assist with the integration of new applications as well as oversee the documentation of all testing activity.
* Create, maintain and execute test automation scripts
* Collaborate with software engineering as needed to resolved problems and identify root cause of product defects
* Responsible for setting scope and strategy for test plans
* Proficient in building complex test plans and test scripts
* Ability to review functional specifications and lead QA portion of walkthroughs.
* Create progress reports on projects
* Prepare, execute and review test plans, scripts and all other related project testing documentation
* Create test plan, test strategy and test scripts based on requirements
* Must be a creative thinker when devising test strategies
* Create traceability matrix and identify test coverage
* Contribute to project progress reports and testing metrics
* Assist in maintaining project schedules
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
* 5 of last 7 years Quality Assurance experience testing commercial software
* 3 of last 5 years of hands on test automation experience using Selenium
* 2 or more years working on an Agile team
* Hands on automation using Python, Behave, Cucumber, etc.
* Hands on TDD or BDD methods
* Experienced with scrum, Kanban, and Lean Principles.
* Working knowledge of cloud based environments, i.e. AWS
* Comfortable navigating and querying relational DBs using SQL
* Understanding of Risk Based testing
* Insurance or automotive industry experience a plus
* Experience with various test automation tools used in the industry (Selenium, QTP, Test Complete, RFT, etc.)
* Experience with keyword and data driven test automation
* Experience with defect tracking systems; version control systems; test management systems
* Experience testing web services applications
* Must be able to multi-task
* Must be a self-starter and a quick study
* Good interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills, and organizational skills
* Excellent time management skills
CCC provides leading automotive claims, repair and telematics solutions that drive efficiencies and enable our clients to make smarter decisions. CCC brings together what matters most – insight to make the best decisions, connections into the industry’s leading automotive claims network, and superior productivity through innovative cloud, mobile, hyper-scale technologies and apps.
Founded in 1980, CCC is the nation’s leading provider of advanced software, workflow tools, and enabling technologies to automotive collision repairers, property/casualty insurance carriers, OE manufacturers, and part suppliers. Its client base includes more than 350 insurance companies and more than 22,000 repair facilities.
Our decision-support tools draw from insights contained in our extensive data warehouse, which includes aggregated claims and repair information from millions of claims-related transactions processed through CCC over the last 30 years. CCC leads the industry in technology innovation and continues to make strategic investments in areas that will help existing and future customers get consumers back in their cars quickly following an accident.