EQA Strategy and Architecture is the responsible entity for defining enterprise-wide testing strategies to ensure that applications and infrastructure are brought to market that meet customer requirements, are stable, reliable, and production-ready, and minimize risk to the organization.
Position Title: QA Architect
Responsible for definition and implementation of testing strategies, frameworks and architecture with a focus on automation strategies for multiple EQA offerings. Requires in-depth knowledge on the test automation lifecycle leveraging cutting-edge technical solutions, as well as, the ability to work well with and communicate with business clients, technical teams and IT leadership. Should demonstrate leadership skills and the ability to work well with both business clients and technical teams. Should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be a take-charge, self-motivated leader, with a proven track record of successful execution.
The QA Architect must be passionate about driving efficiency in the software development process by using leading tools and frameworks to help EQA teams to deliver cost effective solutions to testing requirements.
Must be a thought leader for the automation team in the areas such as test strategy, QA automation strategy, and continuous delivery and continuous integration. Hands-on experience in a wide variety of automation frameworks, tools and technologies.
· Assists in the definition and implementation of enterprise automation strategy in partnership with functional automation teams.
· Ability to partner with teams and works hands-on to provide solutions.
· Stays abreast of latest trends in automated testing and informs functional automation teams.
· Recommends tools and frameworks to enable the automation strategy.
· Fosters a cross-organization automation community conducive to knowledge sharing and continuous improvement.
· Uses defined methods to demonstrate ROI.
· Influences and supports the culture, values, and standards of the group.
· Actively participates in initiatives to improve overall performance.
· Communicates key messages effectively and persuasively.
· Understands the different environments used for testing to ensure testing strategies are aligned with use of these environments.
· Provides comprehensive, periodic reporting to QA Leadership and provide inputs to the Management on governance reports and relevant metrics.
· Other duties may be assigned.
· Minimum of 10 years of experience in IT (5+ years in implementing test automation solutions).
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Knowledge of automation at all software layers (e.g. UI, services, APIs, etc.) and CI/CD technologies (e.g. Jenkins, Cucumber, Git, etc.). Experience with COTs automation tools such as Unified Functional Test and/or Silk Test a plus.
· Diverse experience in leading automation strategy, planning, design and execution.
· Experience selecting and configuring appropriate tools and frameworks to effectively drive automated testing.
· Ability to conduct proof of concept evaluation efforts and identifying and creating plans for automation for eligible work streams
· Expertise in understanding the role of automation in various SDLCs (e.g. agile, scrum, waterfall) and mentor, train and coach resources.
· Ability to work on multiple work streams concurrently in a fast paced environment with extreme multi-tasking and context switching.
· Demonstrates strong analytical skills.
· Exemplifies leadership characteristics in support of DTCC corporate objectives.
Education, Training &/or Certification:
· Degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred.