Costco IT is responsible for the technical future of Costco Wholesale, the second largest retailer in the world with wholesale operations in twelve countries. Despite our size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family, employee centric atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed. As proof, Costco consistently ranks in the top five of Forbes “America’s Best Employers”.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst position is responsible for adhering to standardized QA policies, processes, and documentation standards, overseeing and/or participating in all aspects of project testing, overseeing IS Warehouse Solutions QA test environments, providing technical guidance to less senior QA team members, and ensuring schedule adherence for assigned RPG projects. This QA Analyst will work closely with RPG developers to help with unit testing and ensure an understanding of code changes. QA Analysts raises defects as issues are identified and supports the remediation process with teams. The person who joins this team will support the Administration and Operations POD.
If you want to be a part of one of the BEST “to work for” companies in the world, simply apply and let your career be reimagined.
- Participates in requirements and user stories reviews.
- Provides accurate estimates for QA resources and testing schedules.
- Creates and gains project approval on project test plans.
- Creates and/or oversees the creation and approval of project test cases.
- Oversees or generates all QA-related documentation.
- Assists with requirement tracing through the test cycle process.
- Initiates, develops, updates new and or existing documentation, and processes service tickets and training.
- Ensures adherence to standardized QA policies, processes and documentation standards.
- Collaborates with Development to resolve defects uncovered during testing cycles.
- Finds better systems and procedures to automate or improve our QA processes.
- Mentors and develops other members of the IS QA team.
- Assists with standardized reporting and QA metrics.
- Assists with defect and requirement traceability and tracking resolution.
- Attends team and project meetings as necessary.
- Minimum 3 years’ software quality assurance experience.
- Strong knowledge of HP ALM and similar QA test tools.
- Strong knowledge of a typical SDLC, as well as experience testing on Agile or DevOps teams.
- Experience working on QA teams as part of agile processes and methodologies.
- Must be a self-starter, with the ability to work independently, with different groups and teams, utilizing solid communication skills.
- Must be available to support the business as needed including nights, weekends, after hours and on-call.
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent testing resource planning and test scheduling skills.
- Ability to produce effective software test plans and test cases.
- Ability to produce verifiable and consistent test evidence and results.
- Solid understanding of build tools and software configuration management standards.
- Experience and understanding of Costco’s business model.
- Proficient with Agile testing methodologies and best practices.
- Experience collaborating in reviews of work with others as appropriate.
- Understanding of CI/CD and DevOps
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of PCI, SOX and Data Governance.
- Experience with multiple Costco business areas/systems.
- Degree in computer science or related technical field preferred.