Position: QA Analyst OR QA Manager
Location: Suitland MD
- Review the requirements to make sure they are understandable and meet the customer's expectations.
- Develop test plan covering positive, negative, and boundary conditions.
- Test the function and flow of the changes to make sure that all of the requirements have been satisfied, and that no conflicts have been introduced.
- Clearly document steps needed to reproduce any defects found.
- Create manual or automated tests covering the functionality under test. Automated tests will be maintained and used to verify previous functionality continues to work as designed.
- Perform integration and regression testing in a deployment environment to verify the delivered implementation meets the given requirements.
- Provide testing support to Business Analysts and Operations during user acceptance testing.
- Work with other Development practice areas to reduce the overall amount of rework through process changes, artifacts, and monitoring.
- Support system development/testing/integration/deployment activities.
- Develop test cases, from functional requirements to clearly convey the business users intent.
- Participate in triage process, fully reproducing production issues, communicating workarounds, developing missing test scenarios and validating fixes; accurately submitting and maintaining defects in the appropriate repository.
- Perform manual exploratory and acceptance testing of new features being iteratively developed as part of agile development methodology.
- Attend system design reviews; technical interchange meetings; any other meetings as requested to support program and team.
- Troubleshoot integration logs & JSON messages as part of integration testing.
- Create and conduct REST & SOAP Web Service tests using SoapUI, REST API clients.
- Create and conduct database tests using SQL scripts.
- 2+ years of experience as a Manual Tester
- Knowledge of software development life cycle, software testing methodologies, software testing techniques (manual and automated execution) and automated testing tools (i.e. - Selenium or similar).
- Strong knowledge of Quality processes and reviews, Agile Development Methodology, and Behavior Driven Development.
- Experience with QA processes and testing 3rd party enterprise applications
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or relevant experience. CTFL or higher Certification are preferred.
- Ability to quickly understand and assimilate business vision and goals in all solutions, and 'translate' technical information to users with a variety of skill levels.
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications and their components.
- Strong analytical, communication, and project management skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task and effectively function in an interrupt-driven environment.