The candidate will play a key role in the quality assurance of our AIS applications. We are looking for someone who has proven experience with automation of complex applications and a focus on and commitment to automation. This role will be responsible for maintaining an automated acceptance testing cycle that is common in an Agile process.
International Fund Services is a dynamic organization and part of State Street Corporation’s Alternative Investments Division. We are responsible for the administration and servicing of external hedge funds and other unique financial entities. Given the demanding nature of our work we maintain a policy of sustainable pace to ensure our high standards of quality and the longevity of the people in whom we invest.
- Create test scenarios and implement automated functional test cases that will serve as acceptance test criteria for enhancements and new applications.
- Work closely with developers and quality assurance members to run test suites and research errors.
- Work with the support group to reproduce production problems and identify gaps in the regression test suite.
- Work with developers to utilize and extend custom test harnesses for applications.
- Find ways to enhance the testing process with new tools strategies or techniques.
- Provide technical expertize to the QA team.
- At least 3 full years of recent experience with either Selenium, Cucumber or some other testing automation tool. This experience should include an advanced ability to create objects and methods and hand-coded test scripts using automated testing tools.
- Advanced knowledge of reusable coding patterns and object oriented paradigms as applied to automated testing tools.
- One or more years of full-time experience in an iterative development environment using an iterative Agile-like methodology with experience of delivering working software to production through the entire life cycle.
- Expert knowledge of SQL and relational databases.
- Strong understanding of source code control specifically cvs or subversion
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot and diagnose issues within the quality assurance environment and communicate that knowledge to a varied audience of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience testing both client-server and web based applications through one or more full life cycles of an application.
- Proven experience delivering multiple versions of one or more applications.
- Knowledge of financial securities and trading principles.
- Team oriented attitude.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in Engineering Business or Technologypreferred.