BASIC PURPOSE: The Quality Assurance Analyst’s role is to develop and establish quality assurance standards and
measures for customer facing technologies including web-based and mobile application development. This individual will also gather and analyze data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements. This will include writing test plans and scripts for tracking defects and fixes in product development, software application development, information systems, and/or operations systems. The QA Analyst will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate IT processes through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of business investments in IT initiatives.
- Perform Quality Assurance activities including Test Planning, Test Scripts, Test Execution, Defect Tracking and Management
- Perform functional and regression testing of new application functionality and work toward mitigating all issues
- Assist in the build out of Test Automation, execution and maintenance
- Develop and establish quality assurance measures and testing standards for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product lifecycles.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in IT systems and projects across the organization.
- Liaise with developers, business analysts, project managers and business partners.
- Analyze documentation and technical specifications of any new application under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality.
- Baseline understanding of performing data imports/exports, standard API’s and other common application development concepts
- Conduct internal audits to measure and assure adherence to established QA standards for software development, application integration, and information system performance, and corresponding documentation.
- Verify and revise quality assurance standards as needed.
- Ensure that testing activities allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify existing or potential issues.
- Collaborate with software/systems personnel in application testing, such as system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods.
- Make recommendations for improvement of applications to programmers and software developers or engineers.
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
- Analyze formal test results in order to discover and report any defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
- Assist in the development of change control processes, practices, and guidelines for new and existing technologies.
- Participate in developing, distributing, and coordinating in-depth end-user reviews for modified and new systems or applications.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of quality assurance best practices.
- Participate in application deployment meetings as needed.
- Other duties assigned as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s Degree in software engineering, computer science, or business administration and/or 3 years equivalent work experience.
- 5-7+ years software testing/release management/SDLC
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Hard Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Office, experience in the design, development, and implementation of quality assurance standards for software and application testing, strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies, extensive experience with core software applications, including .NET web applications and service configuration, experience with Team Foundation Server a plus, direct hands-on experience with ad hoc query programs, automated testing tools, and reporting software, extensive practical knowledge in importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets, graphs, and flow charts, proven data analysis, data verification, and problem-solving abilities.
- Soft Skills: Strong verbal and oral communication skills, problem solver, excellent listening, presentation, and interpersonal skills, ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment, and a team player
- Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Job Function(s): Information Technology
Love’s Travel Stops & Country Stores is the industry-leading travel stop network in the United States. For more than 55 years, we’ve provided customers with highway hospitality and “Clean Places, Friendly Faces.” We’re passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with fuel, food and supplies. We offer meals from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and everything needed to get back on the road quickly. The Love’s Family of Companies includes:
- Gemini Motor Transport, one of the industry’s safest trucking fleets
- Speedco, the light mechanical and trucking service specialists
- Musket, a rapidly growing, Houston-based commodities supplier and trader
- Trillium, a Houston-based alternative fuels expert