As aQuality AssuranceAnalyst,you will assist the organization in improving quality across systems and processes through critical thinking, and leveraging Lean and DevOps methodologies. The analyst will write and execute test cases based on business and technical requirements. The successful candidate understands the importance of speed to delivery and is able to identify improvement opportunities through automation.The Quality Assurance Analyst reports directly to the QA Manager and plays a key role in conducting QA and performance testing across a variety of systems. This role is responsible for all testing phases, integration systems testing, user acceptance testing, data validation/testing and performance/load testing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiate and complete all aspects of testing.
- Develop and execute detailed test plans and strategies based on technical and business requirements.
- Test both enterprise and web-based solutions with the mindset of an end-user.
- Execute moderately complex test scripts and document results to communicate issues found with software developers and product managers.
- Work closely with product teams to assist with documentation of systems, software, and interfaces.
- Share QA knowledge and best practices across all team members.
- Identify opportunities to improve speed of delivery through automation.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to write clear and concise test cases.
- Knowledge of industry best practices and processes used in software testing (i.e. manual, functional, regression, and integration).
- Working knowledge and understanding of version control systems (i.e. Git, SVN).
- Demonstrate ability to understand backend processes; namely, underlying database structures
- Ability to objectively review and qualify data - be able to provide data required for developers to research and rectify issues.
- Ability to see 'code' and have an understanding of what it means.
- Innovative - willing to think outside the box.
- Demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail.
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Must be able to multi-task effectively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Education & Experience:
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 2-5 years testing applications in an Agile development environment.
- Experience with automated and performance testing.
- Experience and proficiency in UX testing.
- Experience writing basic to intermediate SQL queries and understanding of SQL database objects.
- Experience working with teams using CI/CD tools and methodologies.
- Experience mentoring and coaching junior associates, specifically with QA methodologies and best practices.