$80K — $100K *
Quality Assurance Analyst lll
The Quality Assurance Analyst III works directly with other testers, developers, business analysts and key business stakeholders and will be responsible for the manual testing of internal products as well as integrations to 3rd party products. You will also be responsible for developing and writing formal test plans and all test cases required for the validation of products before they go into production. Additionally, you will be responsible for coordinating testing efforts on projects with internal and contract teams and for regularly reporting project quality status updates. Must have hands on software testing experience and possess a solid understanding of quality assurance best practices, a working knowledge of Business Process workflow and a solid understanding of the SDLC.
What you’ll be doing:
• Responsible for implementation and compliance monitoring of new quality procedures
• Assist in training and coaching more junior testers in quality best practices, troubleshooting and reporting issues as well as performing risk assessment on found issues
• Providing all appropriate information to business helping them to ascertain the severity and priority of reported issues
• Design and author appropriate test plans, test cases and test workflows for assigned products
• Able to prioritize testing tasks aligning with project priorities
• Able to determine and define appropriate regression tests necessary for individual product releases
• Able to create and author test cases appropriate to hand off to test engineers for automation of tests
• Able to run and analyze results of automated tests
• Prescribe testing and product validation processes in conjunction with development
• Interact with appropriate teams on complex designs to ensure tests give accurate, complete and appropriate coverage
• Ensure test repositories are kept up to date by adding and updating tests, in addition to making sure other testers do the same
• Ensure test management procedures are being followed and take corrective action or escalation occurs where needed
• Collaborate with teams and participate in planning of UAT prior to product launches
• Participate in UAT by assisting end users in troubleshooting, replicating and facilitating resolution for issues found during testing, and validating any fixes required
• Facilitate coaching and training for non-QA team members regarding quality processes
• Provide timely and accurate status reports to appropriate stakeholders
• Be a strong problem solver and posses an excellent work ethic and attitude
• Collaborate, share and learn from team members and actively follow all team processes
• Function as an excellent team player that can make significant contributions individually as well as a part of the team
• Demonstrate willingness to work on your craft and take initiative in learning new skills
• Effectively communicate both orally and in writing
• Other duties as assigned
What we’re looking for:
• Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in hands on manual software testing.
• Experience in designing, authoring and communicating formal test plans, test scenarios, test cases and use cases.
• Experience in the implementation of a quality process.
• Experience in standard software quality release cycles.
• Experience in trouble shooting issues, problem resolution and risk analysis for product deployment.
• Experience is training others on quality standards and processes and providing positive feedback to a team on following standards when necessary.
• Must have an eye for detail.
• Agile experience.
• Successful leadership of a test team.
• Experience with designing and coding automated tests.
• Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering or equivalent work experience.
Valid through: 8/26/2020