Job ID 558261BR
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
The Engineering Operations team is seeking a skilled and dedicated Quality Assurance Analyst II to join our team. As a QA Analyst II, this individual will work together with the Multiplatform Engineering team to define and execute the testing coverage needs for our consumer facing Over the Top (OTT), Mobile and Web applications; they will also work closely with the product teams and various other external development teams. Additionally, this role will require the candidate to be the QA lead for multiple releases and to participate in all aspects of the development lifecycle including planning, design, test execution and release.
This QA position within Engineering Operations is responsible for having a strong focus on designing and developing manual test solutions to verify and validate functionality, performance, stability and usability of critical software systems developed by the Multiplatform Engineering team. This includes software testing, scripting, writing and the execution of test plans and test cases. This also includes strong communication out to all teams of the status of testing and working closely with external development and QA teams.
- Find, replicate, and regress defects and write reproducible steps in our bug database system
- Participate in sprint plan review meetings to review functional and design specs and understand how those impact features in development
- Participate in test plan reviews with peers, developers and product team members
- Validate that deliverables meet functional specifications and requirements
- Effectively communicate defects to developer(s) responsible for product(s) being tested
- Communicate release status to the product stakeholders
- Lead various test sessions with key members of the delivery team to ensure functionality of product(s)
- Work with our Automation team to translate manual test cases in automated test scripts
- Execute automated test scripts when available
- 2+ year of relevant QA experience
- Experience testing on mobile, web or OTT platforms
- Clear communicator (written and verbal); ability to write test plans and test cases, and to communicate bugs to developers and other stakeholders
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables
- Knowledge and understanding of Application Lifecycle Management, Software Development and Agile Development/Testing practices and methodologies
- Knowledge and understanding of test management tools
- Working understanding of techniques for testing software
- Experience using automated test tools, proxy tools (such as Charles) or API testing tools (such as Postman)
- Ability to interpret results of automated test results
- Ability to work and participate in a team with open and collaborative style of communications
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Passion for software quality and for advancing testing as an engineering discipline
- Sports fan!
- Experienced in creating, editing, maintaining and executing automated scripts
- Extensive experience testing video apps on various platforms
- Working knowledge of general sports statistics and rules
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Management, Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Math
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.