Verisk Analytics has an amazing story to tell. In 2016, Forbes magazine named Verisk Analytics to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list and to its America’s Best Large Employers list. If you’re looking for a career that transforms, inspires, challenges, and rewards you, then come join us.
At Verisk, you can build a rewarding career with challenging and meaningful work; create a positive, lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
Verisk Analytics is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, natural resources, and financial services. We’ve been delivering data, analytics, and decision support services to our customers for more than 45 years. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
Our ISO Technology group is looking for a QA Analyst II who will be accountable for performing manual and automated testing of applications supporting business objectives while demonstrating independence in project analysis.
- Lead analysis for the purposes of developing test cases for websites, web applications, and infrastructure.
- Perform hands-on manual testing while scripting automated tests to ensure application quality.
- Serve as a liaison to business analyst and product owner, providing feedback on application readiness for migrations.
- Provides technical guidance to junior testers and other team members.
Skills and Knowledge
- Technically familiar with development concepts and formats such as Sql, Xml, Json and scriptinglanguages.
- Provide input in prioritizing, estimating, and defining acceptance criteria
- Clearly define test plans, scenarios, scripts, and procedures
- Provide usability and functionality feedback to developers
- Interact with customers on issues and provide recommendations
- Ability to build automated test scripts
- Plan tests and strategies according to the project
- Thorough and disciplined, ability to analyze a problem and weight severity of the issue.
- Dedicated worker skilled at collaborating in a team setting.
- 6+ years of proven experience in software development industry, participating in team environment
- 3+ years of experience in automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver
- 3+ years of proven experience in testing web servies such as RESTful API.
- Familiarity with programming languages such as Java, C# .Net.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills.
- Ability to learn and adapt to continuously changing technology.
- Familiarity with Atlassian Jira and Confluence as well as Zephyr.
- Familiarity with Agile [Scrum]
- Experience in testing non-GUI applications (SQL, Flat Files, XML, and etc.)
- Familiarity working in a Continuous Integration atmosphere.