- Adhere to established Patterson QA standards for Quality Assurance Process and Methodology.
- Analyze design documents to create test plan documentation per project that can be reviewed and utilized for other QA resources to direct test execution.
- Execute test scenarios using existing documentation and minimal hands-on direction.
- Collaborate with software/systems personnel in application testing, such as system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods.
- Test any new software to ensure integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and technical specifications.
- Perform issue tracking, reporting and resolution of issues found during testing.
- Provide regular status as directed throughout the release cycle to the Quality Assurance Manager and Development Team Members.
Communication: Builds positive relationships, uses tact in sensitive situations; listens well to various points of view; relates well to others at all levels. Understands the importance of relationships to ensure team success; demonstrates compassion and understand; open to other view points in the interest of achieving best possible outcomes.
Self-Management: Ability to prioritize time and tasks with little direction in order to complete work on schedule; organized and efficient; ability to bring order to complex and competing demands.
Action Orientation: Takes initiative and action with a drive to achieve and be successful; seeks out challenging situations; encourages others with positive and energetic support and enthusiasm.
Technical Expertise: Maintains technically relevant skills and demonstrates the ability to apply technical skills in solving business/technical problems.
Interpersonal Effectiveness: Builds rapport quickly and easily; perceptive and adapts to situations, adjusting comments, emotional responses and non-verbal behaviors accordingly in order to demonstrate respect for the thoughts and feelings of others; remains authentic.
Flexibility: Easily adapts to new methods and procedures; assists others embrace disruptions as opportunities for improvement; responds to change initiatives with positive outlook and energy.
- Associate’s degree with emphasis on Computer Science, IT or related QA field or equivalent software experience.
- 3 – 5 years experience in quality assurance
- Demonstrate commitment to the quality of applications
- Experience in testing applications using both black box and white box methodology
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Exercise best judgment on identifying the severity of issues.
- Showcase a professional attitude and respect for processes and procedures.
- Accept accountability and lead with integrity.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of SQL scripting practices.
Job ID 2018-7514