Who we are…
?Hallmark Labs (a subsidiary of Hallmark), based in Santa Monica, CA, is the parent company of three digital subscription services; HallmarkMoviesNow.com (a subscription video on demand service) and HallmarkeCards.com (a digital social expression service), and Out of the Box (a Print on Demand digital greetings card service).
We’re leveraging Hallmark’s experience creating meaningful, emotional connections, and rapidly progressing a century old, privately-owned, American brand to the forefront of the digital age with cutting-edge technology.
?What we need...
?We are looking for a seasoned Android Mobile QA Engineer that is driven, takes ownership and is solution oriented to be a key member of a stellar team working on a dynamic product line for the company.?
The job involves the following responsibilities:?
- Ensure timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production
- Work with other engineers in an agile environment to drive improvements in product quality via white box, gray box, and black box testing (mostly manual)
- Collaborate across teams and departments in order to prevent, report, track, and resolve defects
- Participate in creating and clarifying User Stories, and in planning Sprints
- Dive into hard problems and successfully deliver great results on schedule
- Create and maintain detailed and clear mobile test cases
- Create and maintain detailed and clear mobile test plans
?Who we think would be a fit:
We are looking for someone who not only loves building high quality software, but is also passionate about getting stuff done. You might have worked at large top name companies, but you prefer small nimble companies with tight knit cross-functional teams that focus on getting stellar products to market quickly.
You have the skills and experience, but you still love to learn - and you want to work with super talented folks to build great products.
- Are comfortable with speaking up for quality when under pressure to release
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment where you need to balance high quality with continuous delivery to the market
- Are a “rebel with a cause” who looks beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities
- Believe quality not only involves the end user functionality and usability, but also performance, reliability, and security
- Consider yourself a software engineer focused on quality first and foremost
- Have a track record of projects completed on time - you excel at getting things done
- Are comfortable with functional, systems integration, and browser compatibility testing
- Can picture both the technical and business objectives and challenges when you read high level requirements
- Enjoy heads down testing
- Have good communication skills, love collaborating, and are fun to work with
- 2+ years of mobile testing experience
- Bachelor's degree in technology
- 2+ years of software testing experience
- Experience in testing mobile native and web applications
- Comfortable working on small, cross-functional, fast paced teams
- Comfortable testing software on mobile devices
- Familiarity with performance tuning applications with tools like JMeter or Apache Bench is a plus
- Familiarity with coding in the following languages is a plus (Java, Swift, Objective-C, Ruby, C#)
- Familiarity with tools like Charles Proxy or Fiddler is a plus
- Experience with Appium or Calabash is a plus
- Experience with Xamarin/Visual Studio is a plus
- Familiarity with device farm testing is a plus