QA ANALYST – KANSAS CITY, MO, US
At DSI, we don’t simply create software—we build the technological solutions that solve our customers’ problems, meet their key business needs and position themselves for ongoing success. If you’ve been looking for a position that leverages your testing skills and problem-solving expertise; while providing the opportunity to make an impact on an established and thriving company; check out the job description below.
What You’ll Do:
The QA Analyst is responsible ensuring that the software and hardware used to provide DSI solutions to our clients meets or exceeds our established standards of reliability, performance, and usability. This position performs detail level analysis, and evaluation of our MEP software using the policies and procedures defined in our Quality System to ensure that accurate results are delivered to management in a timely and that software and hardware to requirements.
Here’s a closer look at your primary responsibilities:
- Develop a test strategy based on the project requirements and schedule.
- Design, develop, and execute detail oriented test scripts and test cases using test plans and project specifications.
- Create defect reports resulting from the testing of DSI developed software using standard defect tracking tools.
- Perform both new functionality and regression tests; identify, analyze, and report issues for follow-up.
- Perform tasks required for the QA team to meet its deadlines and assure quality deliverables.
- Provide testing and analysis-related assistance to the Client Support and Technical Communications teams as needed.
- Other duties, responsibilities, and projects as assigned.
- 2+ years experience using manual / automated QA testing tools.
- Experience with SQL, TFS, and Test Manager.
- A proven knowledge of software quality assurance practices and procedures.
- 2+ years experienceworking with a formal quality system.
- A working knowledge of distribution and warehouse management policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to perform your job functions with minimal supervision.
What You Get: When you join the DSI team, you’ll become part of a company that’s not simply out to create a product—we want to give people the tools to alter how they do business. Oh, and we want to change how people think of and use technology, too. While we’re accomplishing that admittedly lofty goal, we give you a cutting-edge workspace in the heart of downtown Kansas City (with the freedom to work from home). Push yourself to grow and thrive in a casual environment that’s built on collaboration with other smart, innovative people. And if you need to recharge, unwind in our breakroom with a game of pool, Xbox 360 or an old-school arcade favorite. As you help build DSI’s success, you’ll share in those achievements with a competitive compensation program (not to mention a robust benefits package). And because we place a high emphasis on that oft-touted work-life balance, you’ll be able to work on cool tech projects in a relaxed environment that gives you the freedom to take care of the important things.