More information about this job
The QA Analyst will be responsible for defining, creating and executing Quality functions in a assigned project with many functional areas. This person will be responsible for ensuring that proper QA procedures are followed across the enterprise. He/she will also be responsible for leading all efforts related to testing of the particular project or feature, from test planning to test execution to defect management. They will apply quality assurance tools and techniques to successfully validate and verify large scale applications including Web Application, Database and Web Service components.
- Works with project team members to ensure requirements, use cases, and user stories are clear, concise, traceable and testable.
- Develops, publishes and implements test strategies, test plans, test cases, test scripts, test configuration, test schedules and related documentation.
- Executes test cases and test scripts for newly developed functionality.
- Maintains regression test cases and test scripts and execute same.
- Defines test data requirements conditioning test data as necessary.
- Identifies, reports, tracks and escalates anomalies discovered during testing and ensures closure on the issues.
- Participates to recommend, develop and implement improvements to existing processes and standards in reference to development and quality management methodologies.
- Works collaboratively with organization and its partners to ensure established procedures, standards and processes are utilized consistently throughout the development lifecycle.
- Participates in all phases of development lifecycle to ensure product meets the needs of our business partners and clients.
- Develops and sustains positive relationships with peers and other project team members.
Qualifications: (In the order of importance)
- 2+ years SDLC QA and web-based application testing experience
- In-depth knowledge of testing concepts, phases and types of testing required
- Extensive experience developing and executing test scripts and test cases at the required level of detail for each project/feature request required
- Hands-on experience reviewing test documentation, test results and verifying defects are resolved as required
- Experience with both iOS and Androidmobile device testing required for this position
- Strong experience managing, tracking, reporting and resolving defects identified during the testing process
- Highly motivated, energetic, and personable with a “can do” attitude
- Extremely detail oriented
- Exceptional organizational skills with proven ability to multi-task, handle multiple assignments simultaneously, and effectively bring discussions and issues to closure
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to think outside of the box
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM methodologies is a plus
- Experience with relational databases and reading/writing SQL queries is a plus
- Hands-on experience testing web services with tools such as SoapUI is a plus