We are looking for QA Analyst for our client in Boston, MA
Job Title: QA Analyst
Job Location: Boston, MA
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- Analyze, and document client's business requirements and processes.
- Evaluate body of Tests available for the application and identify in collaboration with dev team subset to be run for cloud migration effort;
- Create manual test cases as needed to test business features and applications to verify client requirements are being addressed in the application migration;
- Prepare time estimates, plan test execution and sprints, and report on progress for assigned tasks.
- Create test plan / calendar to co-ordinate testing within the project and to establish time-lines for successful completion.
- Develop, set up test data for test scenarios.
- Execute test cases and documents results of the execution.
- Document defects identified during test case execution and work withdevelopers to resolve the defects.
- Participate in all quality assurance activities such as peer review of test cases, test plans, and test case execution results.
- Evaluate and utilize automation testing tools as required for load and performance testing in the project.
- Assist team with resource estimates, metrics, defect reports, development progress, efficiency and quality.
- Support and collaborate with production team to help reproduce defects and resolve cloud specific issues that arise during User Acceptance Testing.
- All other duties assigned.
- Required: Bachelor's degree in computer science, information management or related field or equivalent experience.
- Desired: Master's Degree in Information Technology or related fields, or equivalent experience.
- Required: Minimum of 6-7 years in software testing experience. Experience in full software development cycle. Experience in using Open Source Tools knowledge (such as test cases repository, defect tracking, STORM etc.)
- Minimum four (2- 4) years' experience in Enterprise, Health and Human Services or Healthcare industry experiencerequired.
- A minimum of three (2 -3) years' experience using SQL strongly preferred.
- Three (3) years' experience with QA ALM test management tool, ALM, JIRA, and Confluence a plus.
- Excellent verbal & written communication and presentation skills with technical and non-technical audiences required.
- Good abilities to document along with samples of work such as: Test plans, specifications, use cases, test cases, test results, reproduction steps, status reports and guidance documents for interfaces, test tools and continuous integration test harnesses
- Demonstrated experience in evaluating and writing SQL queries, Stored Procedures and shell scripts required, specific knowledge of Bash shell scripting is a plus. Specific experience with Oracle database platforms and SQL query optimization;
- Experience in working with Agile practices and in executing sprints
- Knowledge of interpreting use cases and demonstrated experience testing the associated edge conditions.
- Self-motivated, positive attitude, and ability to think creatively and "outside of the box" is required.
- Demonstrated aptitude and deep curiosity for acquiring skills in emerging technologies.
- Strong skills in unix, windows, cloud environments specifically AWS, IDEs, build and deployment tools.
- Application server expertise specifically in JBOSS/Tomcat;
- Knowledge of Ant and Maven, Huston/Jenkins and Sonar;
- Capability to Test in an automated fashion if required, highly scalable distributed systems;
- Practical experience as a Linux/Solaris OS user and knowledge of Bash shell scripting;
- Must have experience with source control systems.
- Solid analytical and development skills.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience and ability to work in a constantly changing, fast paced, deadline driven environment.
Licenses / Certifications :
- Plus: CSTE, CQA, Six Sigma or CMMI certification.