DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees Fred’s Private Brand product testing program, work with outside third-party laboratories to drive excellence and regulatory compliance.
- Develops tools to report on KPIs, analyze trends, and drive continuous process and quality improvements.
- Establishes Continuous Improvement initiatives and annual goals for the Quality Assurance program to assure excellent product quality, optimal efficiency, and customer satisfaction.
- Report product safety, quality, and regulatory compliance concerns to VP Private Brand and initiate corrective actions to address the nonconformance.
- Assure that the internal quality system meets the requirements of ISO 13485, FDA Title 21 CFR Parts 11, 211, 820 etc., CPSC, State and Local regulations, etc.
- Work with vendors to address quality nonconformances and compliance issues, investigate product safety incidents, manage product recall, and documentation resolutions.
- Develop and implement Quality Management System programs to ensure conformity with established regulatory and products quality standards, packaging, label claims and communications.
- Organize and oversees all internal product sensory evaluation, ingredients/specification review, packaging declaration review, and finished product evaluation.
- Responsible for keeping all products quality, packaging and records, in compliance with all regulations.
- Manages customers’ complaints, follow-up and implement corrective actions, and identify potential process improvement opportunities.
- Ensures quality documents and reports are completed, collected regularly and stored.
- Respond to inquiries from regulators, third-party auditors, vendors, and consumers.
- Work with third-party laboratories to develop appropriate protocols for product testing and implement regulatory policies consistent with FDA regulatory requirements and Fred’s corporate policy.
Champion quality improvement initiatives and apply continuous improvement tools (TQM, Kaizen, Lean, etc.) to improve process capability, eliminate inefficiencies and serve as a change agent in institutionalizing process improvement, and quality.
- Work with Distribution Center managers to ensure product and inventory integrity (safety and quality).
Here are suggested skills and requirements potential candidates should have:
- Knowledge of GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative) systems and certifications
- Strong 3rd party auditexperience with FDA, ISO and other regulatory bodies
- Knowledge of Process improvement tools (TPS, Lean, Kaizen, etc.)
- Knowledge of Retail, Food, and Consumer Product quality system