We are a growing team of highly talented engineers working on very high volume, low latency transactional platforms that run in the cloud. We provide highly available, scalable, secure and fault-tolerant service interfaces and SAAS applications for organizations to connect with each other. We are industry leaders in distributing, activating and redeeming digital promotions through various channels.
- Technical (90%)
- Active participation in agile (scrum) development team
- Participation in backlog refinement and sprint planning sessions; Task definition and estimation from epics / user stories
- Design and modification of new and existing features, implementation, unit testing, and support of quality assurance and customer testing
- Participation in code reviews
- Ability to identify bottlenecks and recommend or implement performance optimizations
- Operational (10%)
- Compliance with established management procedures, company and department standards & best practices
- Adherence to documented security, and confidentiality
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Systems and/or related work experience (open source web services development)
- 5+ years of Python development experience (PHP or Ruby experience will also be considered with knowledge of Python)
- Strong object-oriented design and programming skills
- Experience in developing RESTful web services
- Experience writing unit and functional tests
- Experience with SQL, database programming and use of ORMs
- Familiarity using GitHub, Jira
- Familiarity with cloud computing (AWS, Azure) and open source technologies (Nginx, Linux, Jenkins, Celery, Redis)
- Familiarity with AWS managed services like DynamoDB, SQS, SNS, Kinesis
- Experience with OAuth authentication flows, JWT is a plus
- Knowledge of SAAS, PAAS and IAAS technologies and SOA concepts
- Experience with one or more of: Celery, Pyramid, Django or equivalent
- Experience with retail Point of Sale Systems. Preferably, point of sale systems from NCR/Retalix or Toshiba/IBM
- Integrity: Gains the trust of others by taking responsibility for own actions and telling the truth.
- Teamwork: Builds relationships and works cooperatively with others, inside and outside the organization, to accomplish objectives to build and maintain mutually-beneficial partnerships, leverage information and achieve results.
- Adaptable: Responds to change with a willingness to learn new ways to accomplish work objectives with a positive attitude.
- Innovative: Ability to develop, sponsor, or support the introduction of new and improved methods, products, procedures or technologies.
- Curious: A desire to inquire and learn, to seek new knowledge and wisdom, and to listen to the contributions of others with a genuine interest to better self, the team, and the organization.
- Analytical and Critical Thinking: Ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Problem Solving: Gathers and analyzes information to generate and evaluate potential solutions to problems, issues and challenges while weighing the accuracy and relevance of the facts, data and information.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the major job responsibilities (essential functions) of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the major job responsibilities. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is:
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands or arms.
- Regularly required to talk or hear and read instructions on a computer monitor and/or printed on paper.
- Occasionally required to stand, kneel or stoop, and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Frequently required to view items at an extremely close range and must be able to adjust and readjust focus.