Ascend Learning; LLC is a leading provider of technology-based educational, curriculum and assessment solutions for high-growth careers in a range of industries, including healthcare, fitness and wellness, and insurance and financial services. We provide outcomes-based solutions aimed at helping people enter, sustain and succeed in their chosen fields. Ascend employs more than 1,200 employees, with headquarters in Burlington, Mass., and offices in Kansas City metro, Phoenix metro, Minneapolis-St. Paul, Walnut Creek, California, Ann Arbor, Michigan, New York, and the U.K.
We are searching for a Python Software Engineer in our Clinical Health Software Engineering organization. The Software Engineer will have responsibility for developing, testing, implementing, and maintaining software applications in a for-profit organization utilizing Python, Postgres and cloud infrastructure technologies such as AWS and Azure.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Develop and support enhancements and new functionality for the EHR Tutor platform using Python, JQuery, Angular, Postgres.
- Familiarity working with containerized infrastructure and orchestration tools such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Work with Platform Analysts, Scrum Masters, QA Analysts, Product Owners, and other cross-functional resources to define and deliver business impacting projects.
- Capable of working independently, as well as with team members on different teams and in different locations.
- Perform code reviews with other team members in a reviewer capacity.
- Provide technical mentoring and guidance to less experienced SW Engineers.
- Develop and support enhancements and new functionality to automate deployments in a micro services architecture environment.
- Work closely with other engineering team members to ensure code deployments are fully automated and transparent.
- Execute deployments in production and non-production environments.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process and facilitate migration to a Continuous Deployment/Continuous Integration approach.
- Provide technical expertise and troubleshooting as-needed to support production issues.
- Be willing to support deployments outside of work hours participate in an on-call rotation.
- Actively participate in all relevant agile ceremonies for each project iteration.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in software development for Python based web applications.
- Understanding of an Agile based development methodology.
- Extensive knowledge through work experience with the following programming languages: Python, JQuery, Postgres, HTML5, CSS 3.0, and Angular.
- Experience with Jira and Git Lab.
- Demonstrated organizational and teamwork skills, strong attention to detail, and a willingness to participate in collaborative development projects.
- Excellent problem solving skills and an ability to translate a business scenario into a technical solution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a computer related field and/or equivalent work experience.