If you're a true Python guru, an evangelist for all the things it can do, then bring that passion and your exceptional skills to our agile, innovative team. We'll expect you to be collaborative, but also a motivated self-starter, as you take on daily challenges and solve problems for the ArcGIS user community. You'll be exploring their data, performing complex analyses, and making sophisticated predictions, all while providing cutting-edge spatial analytics and geoprocessing functionality. Arrive with Python expertise, and we'll immerse you in the world of GIS.
- Work effectively with members of other software development teams in an agile, highly interactive, and creative environment
- Troubleshoot production issues in current and past software versions
- Design, test, and document Python functionality within the suite of Esri products
- Share and distribute workflows and projects in samples, tutorials, blog articles, videos, and help documentation
- Learn and understand existing product technologies in the context of a wide variety of domains
- Three or more years of meaningful Python experience
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Bachelor's or master's in computer science, GIS, geography, or related field
- Experience working with and creating geoprocessing tools with Python
- Experience interacting with the open source eco-system
- Knowledge of various scientific libraries such as SciPy, R, Numpy, Matlab, etc.
- Passion for exploring and experimenting with web technologies
- Knowledge of or experience using Esri's suite of software products