Our global financial firm is seeking a Python Market RiskDeveloper to join their team in New York. You will work closely with the Market and Enterprise Risk Management Business, and focus on Market Risk Measurement and Analytics, to improve Riskreporting and IT systems stability. You will also work directly with risk teams.
- Serve as the primary IT point of contact for EUC Reporting development.
- Maintain and develop the EUC based reporting environment (Excel, VBA, Python, SQL, etc.)
- Support the EUC environment working closely with users to develop the current working systems.
- Implement new business rules within the EUC environment.
- Write Python scripts to improve the EUC data sourcing layer.
- Assist in the implementation of a cloud based data layer.
- Develop solutions that satisfy stakeholder needs.
- Act as a subject matter expert resource in Excel and software development practices, supporting development of an application roadmap.
- Bachelordegree; preferably in Mathematics, Computer Science or other science
- 5+ years?experienceworking within the financial industry
- 2+ years?experience working in Risk Management
- Experience working in Market Risk
- Experience with object programming
- Expert Knowledge of Python, and SQL, or otherscriptinglanguage
- Expert knowledge of Excel and VBA
- Pivot tables experience
- Experience with Vlookup, Hlookup, Index, match, etc.
- Matrix formulae experience
- Macros knowledge
- ODBC connections
- Ability to query relational databases and use SQL tools independently
- Understanding of IT methodologies, change management and audit requirements, and segregation of duties requirements