World Wide Technology is seeking a Python Developer who will be responsible for the analysis of business, engineering, and scientific problems while documenting, developing, and delivering practical solutions to customers using Agile methodologies. Candidates will be responsible for delivering software using Agile practices including XP, Lean Kanban, Scrum, Pair Programming, and TDD. Candidates should have hands-on Python development experience. This includes detailed software design, developing code with unit tests to implement the design, correcting flaws based on requirements testing, and integrating the applications.
The following knowledge skills and attributes are required:
- - Minimum of 2 years of professional experience using Python.
- - BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- - Proven development experience of RESTful APIs and/or full-stack applications using a Python web framework such as: Django, Flask, etc.
- - Experience with the automated build process (continuous integration) and source code version control tools (GIT and/or SVN).
- - Hands-on experience in at least one of the following Python testing frameworks: unittest or pytest.
- - Experience using software development processes such as TDD, pair programming and other XP practices.
- - Experience with multiple operating systems including Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows.
- - Ability to work in an agile environment.
- - Critical thinker with the ability to breakdown complex technical requirements.
- - Familiar with integrating with data sources such as MongoDB, Redis, MySQL, PostgreSQL, or SQL Server.
- - Able to support occasional domestic travel (up to ~10%) in support of project related activities which often include project kickoffs, releases, meetings, and training. Additional travel may be required for new hires for employee onboarding activities. Travel is most often to client sites or to our facilities.
The following knowledge skills and attributes are preferred:
- - Experience with other development languages.
- - Experience with Service Oriented Architecture technologies and/or implementations.