Shopkick, A Trax Company, is a shopping app (30M+ downloads) that connects brands and retailers to consumers along the entire path to purchase. We provide measurable solutions for our customers as we get our audience to engage with content, learn about and pick up products helping drive incremental store traffic and sales using “kicks” instead of cash back, coupons, or discounts.
Shopkick is looking for a Python Developer with a strong background in the architecture & design of cloud-native systems built for scale. Candidates must have a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated test design, automation, and delivering high-quality products. Join us and build something meaningful.
- Design and develop APIs, microservices, and backend services that power mobile apps used by millions of users and process hundreds of millions of events each day
- Continuously improve the Shopkick platform by devising new approaches to solve problems, refactoring, and optimizing services.
- Handle merge requests and code reviews, enforcing standards and best practices
- Participate in Agile workflows (sprint planning, estimation, retrospectives, daily scrum)
- Grow your knowledge of good design practices and pragmatic programming approaches
- Expert-level Python development experience
- 5+ years of experience designing high-volume and building APIs and microservices consumed by mobile apps
- Experience with FastAPI, Flask, or other Python application frameworks such as Django or Pylons
- Proficiency in an database frameworks such as SQLAlchemy and working with both relational and NoSQL database systems
- Solid understanding of scalability and performance optimization in distributed processing systems focused on multi-tiered caching.
- Experience taking end-to-end ownership of your code from requirements and analysis to testing through deployment
- Excellent team player with strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Enthusiastic about collaborative problem solving
- BS in computer science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with event driven architectures is highly desirable
- Knowledge of testing, profiling, and debugging practices
- Participation in open source communities
- Experience working with JWT Authentication