Healthverity - Philadelphia, PA
HealthVerity , headquartered in Philadelphia, is a venture-backed software company leveraging state-of-the-art technologies to empower healthcare organizations to discover, license and link traditional and emerging data for advanced analytics. By applying novel modern solutions to longstanding problems, we see a significant opportunity to improve the way our clients engage with patients. This is a unique opportunity to join an experienced and entrepreneurial management team to address a large unmet need and build the industry’s most flexible and scalable cloud platform for large-scale healthcare data.
Our company challenges:
- Empowering clients with highly rewarding data discovery and licensing tools
- Ingesting and managing billions of healthcare records from a wide variety of partners
- Standardizing on common data models across data types
- Orchestrating an industry-leading HIPAA privacy layer
- Innovating our proprietary de-identification and data science algorithms
- Building a culture that supports rapid iteration and new possibilities
The infrastructure and culture we are building will provide an environment that cultivates innovation. We want to move fast knowing we can fix anything we break along the way. If a new need arises, we want to turn around a solution quickly. We want to solve our challenges in ways that create even more possibilities. We’re creating a platform that lets us discover what else we might do.
How you will help
Working with our product and data science teams, you will own and be responsible for developing key components of our overall system that enables our customers to bring new insights to their own businesses. You’ll use the best tools for the job, whether modern and revolutionary or time tested and proven, to deliver elegant, scalable solutions that meet business and technical needs. Your team will support you and you the same. Peer review of solutions and implementations is expected. You will play an integral part in building the foundation of everything to come.
What you will do
- Develop cross platform software to remotely deploy to various providers unique data sets
- Work with our data ingestion team to implement novel methods of accurately matching anonymous patient records
- Develop frameworks that allow researchers and analysts access to privacy compliant anonymous data assets they otherwise would not be able to leverage
- Help design parts of the data infrastructure to support our healthcare data pipeline
- Work with a team of developers to execute strategies, implement solutions and produce peer reviewed quality software
- Solve complex data workflow problems related to the interactions of numerous data providers with a varied set of requirements and needs
- Solve problems related to the real-time discovery of large data
- Develop software that takes advantage of the flexibility and solutions provided by AWS products and services
- Knowledgeable across the full stack, and while you may not specialize in all aspects, you have command of how it all fits together
- Able to visualize data and know how to produce reporting of real value to customers
- Comfortable on the command line and consider it an essential tool
- Confident in SQL, you know it, write smart queries, it’s no big deal
- Experienced in writing scalable applications on distributed architectures
- Data driven, testing and measuring as much as you can
- Experienced with distributed version control like Git and are eager to both review peer code and have your code reviewed
Desired skills and experience
- 3+ years of experience in programming in a client-server environment, data analysis and experiencewith object-oriented development environments is preferred
- Expert knowledge of service-oriented architecture, design patterns, multi-threaded systems, and automated unit testing
- Python (as well as Cython), Java, and other similar languages
- Experiencewith high performance key value database structures
- Experiencewith data munging and analytics
- Working knowledge of Healthcare IT standards such as HL7 HQMF, HL7 CDA-based standards, and FHIR
We have big plans We are building a platform that will scale to support an ever-growing array of data providers and innovative products. You must be able to think big while still delivering on near-term requirements.
HealthVerity is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time