Our client is a leading global financial institution providing brokerage and investment banking services, including asset and equities management.
They are currently looking for a Python Developer in Chicago, IL.
You are a strong Data Science Engineer with excellent data analysis skills. You will work directly with the firm’s researchers, traders and simulation staff to develop solutions to bottlenecks in business-critical systems and production trading systems.
- Applying statistical modelling techniques to a variety of large data sets
- Define and develop models to optimize market data use
- Develop load scripts and support acquisitions of other data sets
- Oversee data receipt, storage and mapping protocols
- Develop enhancement to assist quantitative research staff
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a STEM field
- 3+ years’ enterprise experience with Python (or C++, ideally a strong grasp of both)
- Experience in statistical modelling and data analytics.
- Experience with large-scale financial data.
- Strong grasp of multi-threaded application and low latency design and development.
- Strong understanding of data structures, algorithms
- An understanding of financial markets and instrument types is important, so financial services experience is a must