PYTHON AND UNIX
# of openings = 30
First Tech screening then F2F for Local and Skype for Non Locals
We?re looking for hands-on, business focused developers who can deliver long-term projects as well as being responsive to short turnaround requests from the trading desks. The North America and Latin America businesses are expanding and we require talented software engineers to help drive the future vision across organization. The successful candidate will demonstrate experience in software development in a high pressure, time critical environment with skills in the of the following areas.
- 3-7 years of Application development on Python
- Excellent understanding of Python Core concepts, including both functional and class-based design, and new language features up to Python 2.7 or 3.x.
- Experience with a range of common Python packages, including Requests, NumPy, Scrapy, wxPython, BeautifulSoup, Twisted, etc
- Experience with full development lifecycle and tools, including Git, Jira, Jenkins, Ant, Maven, TeamCity
- Experience of a project life-cycle, including breaking requirements down into technical deliverables and estimating required effort.
- Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD) using packages such as unit test and mocking frameworks.
- Excellent communication skills and enthusiasm to work in globally distributed team environments.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- B.S. or M.S. (Computer Science preferred).
- Continuous Delivery practices ? automated build, deploy, numerical, functional and performance testing
- Experience supporting production environments, responding to user concerns, and taking ownership of production issues.
- Experience working in a 3rd Level advanced support capacity. Experience with distributed server-side applications.
- Proficiency in Unix/Linux environments, ability to navigate the system, investigate processes and logs, manage crontab scheduled jobs, etc.
- Exposure to a range of open-source technologies and cloud computing.
- Exposure to Big Data, Hadoop, or Data Science.
- Experience in the financial industry.