Govplace is seeking an experienced Python Developer to join our team in Reston, VA to provide unparalleled support to our customer through the Continuous Diagnostic & Mitigation (CDM) Program. The CDM Program is a high-profile, high-visibility, cybersecurity modernization and risk management program where you can contribute innovative solutions and consult with government agencies to enhance their Information Assurance (IA) programs and continuous monitoring capabilities.
- Understand requirements, design and develop software
- Research software concepts, develop and demo proof of
- Work with the team members to understand the current product
- Develop automated unit/integration
- Participate in code
- Communicate and Participate in the project’s agile process with the integration
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills, and be detail-oriented and performance-driven.
- Support continuous process improvement in the DevOps CI/CD
Qualification and Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or
- 5+ years of relevant development experience with Python,
- Strong object-oriented programming
- Experience with developing RESTful
- Ability to captured and translate business requirements to functional
- Ability to work in an Agile environment for development and feature
- Experience with pulling data from AWS Cloud, Azure Cloud, or Cloud implementations and environments
- Demonstrated experience writing technical documentation to support code deployment guides
- Quick learner, able to learn new technology and
- Experience with version control systems such as Git, Jenkins, Maven,
- Experience in unit testing, debugging and troubleshooting issues on developed
- Experience in secure coding practices
- Red Hat OS experience
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to think outside of the box to design effective solutions
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills as this position will interact with peers and customers
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and as a team
- Experience with DHS Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) a plus
- Experience with Python libraries such as Flask, SQL,
- Experience with Elasticsearch.
- Experience building web applications with Python ORM frameworks
- Experience using message-queuing software (RabbitMQ/Kafka).
- Experience with software automation for testing and
- Familiar with MS SQL, NoSQL DB,
- Familiar with tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, SaltStack.
- Experience with software integration using COTS products.
- Experience with Cloud based services such as Azure, AWS, GCP
- Linux Red Hat certified Specialist in Security+
- Security/Clearance Requirements
- Must be a US citizen and pass a background
- Able to obtain and maintain a DHS Suitability/Entry on Duty (EOD).
- Active Secret or Top Secret clearance
- Office work, typically sedentary with some movement around the office.