I. Summary of the role
The mission of Amadeus’ Hotel IT team is to design and deliver high performance systems that can process tens of thousands of requests per second and return the highest level of accuracy in the fastest response time. Our SaaS platforms are designed to serve millions of users who are seeking information and reservations from tens of thousands of hotels offering millions of hotel rooms around the world. Utilizing our proven ability to build and deploy mission critical software for the global travel industry, we are creating the next generation of technology solutions for the hospitality industry including: reservations and distribution, high-volume data acquisition from heterogeneous sources, sophisticated search engines, payment processing, hotel operations, business intelligence, and revenue management.
The Amadeus Hotel Platform is the heart of a hotel chain’s business. It serves as the central point of pricing, configuration, and booking for every hotel in a chain. The system maintains thousands of hotel configurations, millions of pricing rules, and hundreds of millions of hotel reservations at any given time. Whenever any of this data is created or modified, the Amadeus Hotel Platform must synchronize with the rest of the hotel infrastructure.
The Data Integrity and Publication team is responsible for guaranteeing that the data in the Amadeus Hotel Platform is synchronized to the rest of the ecosystem with a very high level of reliability and transaction volume. The team has complete responsibility from defining the APIs, to creation of the publication feeds, to managing the guarantee of delivery and production monitoring. The system is able to publish thousands of individual events per second at peak.
The Python Engineer for Feed is the glue that holds the publication system together. They are responsible for implementing the business logic that allows system to run at peak performance and stay in touch with the rest of the hotel ecosystem.
We work in SCRUM, and are looking for smart, flexible thinkers who can understand the business of our customers as well as produce the code that powers our products. We are interested in candidates that are looking to work in a highly collaborative environment with a team drawn from around the world.
II. Main responsibilities
- Build cloud based service oriented applications to capture, analyze and publish data
- Design technical solutions and perform feasibility studies.
- Conduct unit, package and performance tests of the software and ensure a level of quality in line with the Amadeus guidelines.
Qualifications and Education:
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated experienceworking with server to server solutions
- 3+ years experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience with Python or similar language on building server side application
- Familiarity with UNIX/Linux environments
- Familiar with Object Oriented Design, Design Pattern and Test Driven Development
- Experience in other languages such as Java or C++
- Familiarity with UML including sequence diagrams
- Server side technologies / Queuing systems
- REST/Json or WebServices
- Knowledge of SQL (Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server) NoSQL (Couchbase, MongoDB)