Do you want to bring geospatial data science and machine learning into the hands of data scientists worldwide? Are you passionate about building APIs? If yes, join us, as we are doing the same!
We are looking for someone with hands-on experience with statistical analysis, machine learning, predictive analytics, and software engineering to apply a wide variety of analytical and predictive modelling techniques using popular machine learning libraries in combination with ArcGIS API for Python.
The team is comprised of driven and passionate data scientists/programmers integrating machine learning capabilities into the ArcGIS API for Python, which is quickly becoming the Python library of choice for spatial analysis, mapping, and Geo-AI! You will be responsible for not only designing and developing an API in Python, but developing on top of successful open source projects such as pandas and Jupyter Notebooks, using cutting-edge ML and DL libraries such as scikit-learn, TensorFlow, and PyTorch.
- Participate in the design, development, and successful adoption of the ArcGIS API for Python among analysts and data scientists
- Develop Jupyter Notebook-based samples, SDK guides, and demos for integrating ArcGIS with data science libraries and workflows
- Integrate ArcGIS API for Python with popular machine learning modules such as scikit-learn, TensorFlow, and PyTorch
- Perform bug fixes and documentation and maintenance tasks
- Design, test, release, and support ArcGIS API for Python to enhance overall product quality and applicability for supporting data science workflows and needs
- Evangelize the data science community to our software community through various venues such as user documentation, educational materials, social media, and online content
- 1-3 years of experience with high level programming languages such as Python or Java
- Experience using Python libraries such as pandas and numpy and machine learning libraries such as scikit-learn, TensorFlow, and PyTorch
- Understanding of machine learning as well as deep learning techniques and algorithms such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, CNNs, RNNs, LSTMs
- Understanding of REST APIs and web programming
- A strong drive and interest to learn new technologies quickly and work in a fast-paced software development environment
- Bachelor's or master's in data science, information technology, computer science, GIS, or related discipline, depending on position level
- Experience with MATLAB, R, and visualization libraries such as ggplot
- Familiarity with ArcGIS suite of products and concepts of GIS
- Understanding of multivariable calculus and linear algebra