At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Global Services Engineering (GSE) is looking for a leader to manage repair development activities supporting Pratt & Whitney's PW4000 Program. This position requires the management of multiple priorities and projects in a globally distributed organization that supports P&W's worldwide commercial customer base.
Your Responsibilities include:
- You represent GSE to the System Integrated Product Team (SIPT) and Integrated Program Management Team (IPMT) to define repair options, priorities and impacts to program or operation issues.
- Your direct GSE Project Engineers to ensure that GSE's repair technical data deliveries are aligned with PW4000 Program priorities.
- Your drive reduction in cost of ownership by working with P&W's aftermarket customers to identify expanded repair opportunities and improvements in shop productivity.
- Interface with P&W Customer Technical Services (CTS) leadership, Component Integrated Product Teams (CIPTs,) and other engineering organizations to support aftermarket needs.
- Manage finances by creating budgets, execution plans and staffing plans to support P&W's annual financial planning process.
- You determine and execute hiring and outsourcing needs.
- Manage budgets for sustaining aftermarket engineering efforts and business growth programs.
- Manage and report technical and budget progress to meet customer expectations for budget and repair technical data delivery performance.
- Execute the Market Feedback Analysis (MFA) process for supported internal customers.
- Manage execution and customer expectations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Work with the rest of the GSE management team to determine the strategic path for the organization, and provide leadership to achieve those strategic goals.
- Through the Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) "tool box," drive continuous improvement activities and robust root cause investigations to ensure GSE and P&W continue to deliver world class customer and shareholder value.
- BS in Engineering
- 10 years of engineering, customer service, aftermarket or operations experience with program/project management
- 5 year of budgeting/budget planning
- US citizenship is required due to government contract requirements
Preferred Qualifications :
- BS in Mechanical, Aerospace or Manufacturing Engineering
- MS or MBA
- Effectively team across organization to accomplish goals
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to develop effective working relationships
- Strong influencing, management and leadership skills
- Excellent team leadership and customer focus