Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software/firmware programs for enhancements and new products. Develops software/firmware tools including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Demonstrates broad-based technical experience. Extensive experienceworking with Linux is required.
- Uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and innovative ways.
- Generally regarded as an expert in the specific field of the assignment.
- Proficient in modeling the business influences of process/ equipment qualification and development (e.g. manufacturing cost, product value, NPV).
- Technical leader within an assignment or project area.
- Uses expertise to identify opportunities for operational, technology and talent improvement and the application of external industry st practices.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires in-depth evaluation of secondary factors.
- Exercises excellent judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria.
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Demonstrates technical leadership guiding others in problem isolation and resolution.
- Elevates serious technical roadblocks, along with recommended technical solutions, to management for consideration.
Teamwork, Collaboration and Influence:
- Anticipates and avoids misunderstanding by adapting communication to the audience.
- Finds common ground and solves problems among a diversity of views.
- Actively provides feedback to enhance work group performance.
- Collaborates and has influence across the company.
- Leads and/or conducts complex studies or projects, acting as a resource to others and mentor to less experienced employees.
- Capable of representing SunPower in technical discussion with customers, customer representatives and/ or AHJ.
- Independently develops methods and procedures for application on new assignments.
- Leads projects performed by cross-functional teams.
- Provides periodicreports and updates, assessing project and team performance.
Creative Thinking and Innovation:
- Brings creative thinking and ideas to improve product, infrastructure, and team efficiency.
- Demonstrates leadership inapplying SunPower values.
Impact and Results Focus:
- Delivers results that positively impact productivity, team efficiency, and quality of product/technical work.
- Provides consistently high-quality technical work on multiple projects, which have a positivefinancialimpact on business goals and on customer satisfaction.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- B.S. degree in Engineering and 5+ years of related experience or M.S. Degree and 3+ years or Ph.D. 2+ years
- OR equivalent combination of education and years of related experience