Intel Optane is a new breakthrough in nonvolatile memory technology and is streamlining computing experience by combining storage capacity and intelligent system acceleration. To deliver the silicon technology the Intel Intel's Optane Development Group is looking for an experienced PVD Technology Development Equipment Engineer to help develop Optane technology at the Rio Rancho Technology Development center in Rio Rancho, New Mexico.
As an PVD TD Equipment Engineer you would be responsible for:
- Equipment ownership of multiple tool sets within PVD.
- Defining and executing new tool installations and qualifications.
- Working closely with tool vendors on resolving equipment issues, new solutions and continuous improvement efforts.
- Working closely with facilities and subfab engineering for design configuration and issue resolution for subafab components, gaschem delivery, precursor, cabinets, abatement units, pumps etc.
- Working closely with EHS to develop and maintain safe equipment configurations and maintenance procedures.
- Developing and owning hardware specs for PVD equipment.
- Defining PVD equipment road maps to meet requirements goals and milestones for new technology processes.
- Working with technology development engineers to develop prioritize and manage projects.
- Working closely with the operations team and vendors to meet target tool availability.
- Identifying quantifying and qualifying cost reduction projects.
- Providing hands on equipment training to engineers and equipment maintenance technicians.
- Willing to be flexible in accommodating changing priorities and working hours to support business needs.
- Strong partnering and teamwork skills.
- Good communication and stakeholder management skills.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, Physics, Chemistry or related field with 4+ years of experience in the semiconductor industry.
- 4+ years of experience in an Equipment Engineering role supporting PVD metal deposition equipment tool install, qual, troubleshooting and maintenance or 10 + years of experience in an equipment technician role supporting PVD metal deposition equipment installation qualification maintenance troubleshooting and documentation.
- 4+ years of experience in multitasking complex projects.