PV Solar Designer
Our Client is a leading Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) contractor of solar energy and co-generation systems for the commercial industry. Based in Napa, California with clients nationwide, services include design, installation, and management of renewable energy systems in a variety of applications.
The right individual must be a self-starter, articulate, detailed-oriented, energetic, able to take initiative and problem-solve while working in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for local candidates only. This is an opportunity to work with a company with low turnover and a strong company culture where employees are supported and valued. There is also strong upward mobility in this company.
- Create, review and modify drawing sets in AutoCAD and custom software tools;
- Complete electrical and structural designs for photovoltaic projects;
- Research, document and comply with local and national code requirements in project jurisdictions;
- Coordinate with Site Assessors, Project Management, and Sales teams to complete designs meeting the customers? expectations with strict deadlines;
- Assist in documenting and developing industry best practices, standards and guidelines;
- Delegate project completion tasks to otherengineering team members;
- Utilize software systems to record progress of various tasks;
- Perform energy generation modeling for solar projects using PVSyst and other tools;
- Demonstrate professionalism and ethical behavior at all times.
- Proficiency in any current version of AutoCAD;
- 2Years Drafting in Construction, Electric Solar preferred;
- 2Years CAD experience in a professional environment;
- Initiative to implement process improvements;
- Hands on experience with Solar Design;
- Analytical / critical thinking / acute attention to detail;
- Ability to pass pre-employment background check;
- Associates Degree in an engineering related field minimum (Bachelor?s preferred)
- Experience with Microsoft excel.
Compensation: Based on experience.