Arcadis is searching for a Senior Pursuit & Proposal Specialist, with 10 - 15 years of experience, to join our growing Water Business Line team, and to collaborate with our engineering/architectural consulting team.
Preferred location: Tampa, Maitland, or Plantation, FL. Please note: this position offers remote work flexibility.
This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated individual to join our team locally with support from one of the best-qualified full-service water consulting firms in the country.
The Marketing & Proposal Specialist, with the support of a strong internationally recognized staff, will utilize their expertise and knowledge of the full pursuit process, from positioning and capture planning through post-proposal submittal debriefing, in supporting client teams to successfully win projects.
Their primary focus is the planning, scheduling, development, and finalization of responses to client requests for qualification, proposals, bids, and presentations that result in contract and/or project awards.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborates with other Marketing Proposal Specialists, Regional Directors, Area Leaders, Principal-in-Charge (PICs), assigned Pursuit Managers, and Project Managers (PMs) to support proposal preparation and production.
- Participates in capture planning/win strategy development with key role of identifying proposal needs (e.g. resources, materials, information, expertise, etc.) and in developing and carrying out win strategy tactics.
- Plans and conducts research of internal capabilities and resources to meet opportunity specific requirements, collects information/materials and works with capture/proposal teams to develop new or tailored information/materials.
- Serves as lead proposal manager or proposal support resource to accomplish the following:
? Review and interpret RFPs
? Develop proposal management plans
? Develop/manage/respond to data calls
? Develop kickoff and other meeting agendas
? Coordinate proposal team activities and meetings
? Develop/drive schedules
? Facilitate quality reviews
? Drive RFP compliance/requirements
? Meet proposal production and deliverydeadlines
- Writes new text and/or tailors existing materials, which may include interviewing staff/technical experts, incorporating win strategy/capture plan information into text, meeting RFP requirements, and providing the most competitive RFP responses.
- Assists other Marketing and Proposal Specialists with planning, reporting, research, client/PIC communication, etc. as needed/available.
- Provides clear, concise written and verbal instructions and directions for proposal team action items and follows up on progress.
- Develops proposal specific templates and data call requests.
- Works with graphic design and other proposal team members to communicate requirements, needs, and product expectations.
- Coordinates with other Marketing and Proposal Specialists for resources/support, expertise and workload balancing.
- Performs a variety of data and knowledge management activities, such as updating, organizing, cataloging and storing information for current and future proposal/marketing needs.
- Supports business development pipeline information collection, updating and report preparation.
- Supports other client development efforts, such as Corporate Marketing/Communications, High Performance Team and Tools & Systems Team as needed and available.
- 10 - 15 years of A/E/C industry experience as a marketing, proposal or business development specialist.
- Bachelor's degree in English, communications, journalism, marketing, business administration, engineering, science or architecture or a related field is required (or equivalent professional experience).
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and professional demeanor – speaks clearly and concisely, listens and gets clarification in one-on-one and group situations.
- Experience developing and writing proposals; thorough understanding of the RFP and proposal-development processes.
- Writing and editing skills.
- Experience in persuasive writing and developing features, advantages and benefits.
- Able to work flexible schedule (e.g., extra hours to meet deadlines, etc.) and able to shift priorities frequently while maintaining attention to detail, meet deadlines, and achieve high quality standards.
- Strong planning, organizational, and time management skills; must be able to work and communicate effectively with diverse internal staff (technical, operations, client development, marketing/communications) and teaming partners and give clear, concise directions; able to understand and organize large volumes of information.
- Experience and knowledge of contractor engagement is beneficial.
- Design-Build proposal experience.
- Experience with facilitation and strategy, capture planning, and developing vision statements.
- Experience with corporate branding / marketing.
- Experience with creative writing / technical writing.
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office & Adobe Creative Suite.
- Advanced abilities in Adobe InDesign.
- Graphic skills.
- CPSM Certification.
- APMP Certification.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
- Artistic, creative individual.