Do you have the passion and expertise to drive sales growth and customer delight by collaborating with great colleagues to convert pre-sales activities to successful revenue recognition? Read on…
Come join the new Microsoft Services Global Pursuit Organization! We operate in a highly competitive environment and the ability to meet customer expectations, shape profitable deals, and lead pursuits efficiently is critical to our success as an organization. The Global Pursuit Organization plays a pivotal role in landing the Services Strategy with customers and enabling their continuing Digital Transformation. As a Delivery Pursuit Lead, you will be accountable for supporting the presales process by shaping and scoping deals with your extended Microsoft Services pursuit team. This role reports to the Time Zone Solution Area Pursuit Lead Manager.
The Global Pursuit Organization is looking for a passionate, purposeful leader to join the team. The Delivery Pursuit Lead (DPL) is a presales delivery leader accountable for supporting the presales process by shaping and scoping deals to satisfy customer’s requirements. You work closely with sales teams, account aligned delivery managers and other domain resources as required, to define and scope quality solutions that drive business outcomes, focusing where possible on digital transformation. You are responsible for leading a collaborative solution design process. You are accountable for providing deal scope, solution/approach, accurate cost estimates, pre-staffing plans, financial costs, risks and contingency / risk reserve requirements and budgetary estimations. You reuse Intellectual Property (IP) to scope end-to-end lifecycle solutions across your portfolio of pursuits that enable growth while ensuring that deal velocity and deal quality remain paramount.
- Playing an important role in aligning pursuits with domain offering strategy. You are expected to demonstrate expertise in solution domain offerings and delivery playbooks, and to use this expertise to educate selling partners and lead pursuits that result in deals with an appropriate resource mix.
- As a key participant, driving the sales growth of solution areas within the Services Sales organization through the seamless and quality integration of services domain strategies and services Area Aligned sales strategies. This includes close collaboration with the Services Sales Executive (SSE), Services Solution Specialist Professional (SSSP), Area Solution Architect (ASA), Delivery Management Managers (DMM), Account Delivery Executive (ADE), Technical Account Manager (TAM) and at times, the Enterprise Product Group
- Building trusted relationships with stakeholders that are critical to the success of deal pursuits. You are expected to drive profitable use of presales resources and develop relationships with area sales, proactively engage stakeholders to influence deal qualification, advise on deal readiness, and set domain pursuit expectations.
- Being accountable for deal quality. This includes the production of well-crafted Statements of Work (SOW's) that lead to profitable engagements that meet customers' expectations for scope, timelines, and deliverables, and include the reuse of IP as a deal shaping foundation.
- Achieving high quality pursuits by leading pursuit teams through technical, political and organizational complexity. DPLs are expected to be stewards of the lead-to-order process, use your influence to improve deal velocity, prioritize pursuits aligned to area business plans, and communicate deal value to approval stakeholders through the deal review process.
- 5+ Years of enterprise business technology sales, consulting, or delivery management experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the financial and operational roles of a delivery organization, able to match this to best meet customer needs and drive customer outcomes
- Experience evaluating work breakdown structures, cost estimations and resource loading
- Executive Maturity and Ability to Influence
- Confident at building relationships, working and communicating with internal stakeholders and customers
- Able to develop strong, productive relationships with colleagues and management to meet targeted objectives
- Analytical mind set with the ability define metrics, reports, interpret results, and make recommendations on appropriate courses of action
- Customer and Solution Focus
- Innovative with a Drive for Results
- Ability to create clarity and clearly communicate
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S./B.A.) in Computer Science, Engineering or master's degreepreferred
- Experience in an enterprise delivery or support environment with demonstrated successful delivery of complex projects and programs
Location/Travel – You may be based anywhere in the United States, near an international airport. Travel may be expected to average less than 25%.