Less than 5 years experience • Diversified Industrial
Generac Power Systems – Work with the leader in the power industry! Our office in Jefferson, WI is seeking a Purchasing Supervisor.
The Purchasing Supervisor is responsible for leading a team that optimizes manufacturing efficiency and the level of inventory (inventory turns).
The Purchasing Supervisor will work closely with corporate Strategic Global Sourcing team to leverage spend in key categories optimize total cost of ownership (TCO).
Responsible for implementing effective processes that minimize E&O (New Product Introductions, Phase In/Out, Engineering Changes). This position reports directly to the Supply Chain Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans and maintains optimal level of inventory using Plan for Every Part (PFEP) to improve fill rates and maximizing inventory turns.
- Execute standard purchasing processes and strategies including procure-to-pay definition and optimization.
- Support direction and strategies regarding supplier demand forecasting, supplier capacity planning, supply base inventory management, supplier replenishment and procurement transactions.
- Work with Strategic Global Sourcing Department to identify key and preferred suppliers for key categories of spend that support business unit and corporate objectives.
- Identify and assist with resolving issues that delay material deliveries.
- Work closely with suppliers to ensure delivery capability and improve supply chain capabilities like lead times and working capital.
- Improve efficiency and effectiveness of the purchasing function.
- Work closely with Planning and Materials teams to achieve goals and KPI’s.
- Requisition major purchased items and coordinate timely processing of those parts finished outside the company.
- Maintain key accounts by administering purchase orders, contracts, RFQ’s (request for quotes), to meet required terms and conditions and sourcing materials for finished goods, spares inventory, engineering, and distribution.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field OR 8years related experience in the Supply Chain function within a similar working environment;
- 3 years of purchasing or related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven track record of successfully managing shifting deadlines and priorities in a fast paced environment;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Proven global sourcing and contract administration skills;
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving, contract negotiation and project management;
- Demonstrated ability to influence senior management, teams and individuals across multiple cultures, disciplines and geographies;
- Demonstrated business acumen operating in both High Mix, Low Volume and High Volume, Low Mix Production environments;
- Strong project management and analytical skills;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- ERP/MRP User (SAP/Oracle).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Accounting or Industrial;
- Previous supervisory experience;
- Association for Operations Management (APICS);
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM).
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.