This position is responsible for leading the sourcing and approval of all new materials (Direct & Indirect) related to all WAM locations globally, coordinating activities with Global Quality, Global R&D and Global Operations.
Supplier Sourcing and Development
- Lead scouting and sourcing efforts of new global sources to support WAM’s strategy
- Work with current approved sources to localize sourced products according to WAM’s global footprint strategy
- Lead supplier approval plan; working internally to define action plan
- Scope includes quoting, negotiating, buying, managing the supplier relationships and supplier performance in support of the global supplier roadmap and business requirements.
- Work with APQP teams, (Operations, Supply Chain and Technology) to determine the critical specifications of a new purchased product. Ensure that the proper tests are in place at the supplier to meet the specification and that material certifications clearly communicate specifications and results to the plants.
- Participate in process audits at the supplier when new purchased product being produced, record action items and ensure timely follow-up.
- Lead new product PPAP processes.
Ensure current WAM suppliers are meeting required and established standards by:
- Ensure suppliers are following to policies and procedures, operational guidelines related to established quality management system. (IATF 16949).
- Create supplier audit schedule and participating in audits, which are conducted on a scheduled basis, record action items, and ensure timely follow up.
- Lead implementation and monitoring supplier scorecards. Work with Global Purchasing on key metrics and ensure supplier’s expectations are clearly communicated.
- Assist in developing best practices (standard inspection procedures, work instructions, quality test methods and policies).
The above is intended to describe the general content of, and the requirements for, the performance of this position.
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year accredited university in Engineering, Business, or other related field; or 5-10 years’ experience in related industry
- 5-10 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment; automotive manufacturing is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skills throughout projects or previous roles;
- Knowledge of quality procedures including PPAP, APQP process, pre-awards, and technical reviews is desired
- Global strategic and tactical sourcing experience
- Contact negotiation skills
- Knowledge in all applicable computer software programs (MS Office) and applications required.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Results oriented and driven to establish and meet goals and objectives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with all levels of personnel including customers.
- Be willing to travel as required by the customers and suppliers, up to 50%.
- Excellent communication skills and auditing techniques including evaluating, documenting and reporting.