The Procurement Director is responsible for planning, directing, overseeing and coordinating the buying of products, materials and direct and indirect services for El Rio Health. The Director will manage inventory across El Rio's sites to ensure availability critical supplies. The Director is responsible to direct and monitor assigned staff and projects in order to accomplish goals for the Purchasing Department and El Rio Health organizational goals.
The primary goal of the El Rio Health Procurement Director is to support El Rio's Mission of providing comprehensive, quality health care that is affordable and accessible to all who may have healthcare needs, by successfully performing the primary essential functions.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or a related field from an accredited college or university;
- Seven (7) years of experience managing an enterprise wide purchasing and inventory management system.
- Seven (7) years of supervisory experience; preferably in a healthcare environment;
- Ten (10) years of work experience as a buyer, purchasing agent with procurement experience.
If applicable, equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered, and must be directly related to the functions and responsibilities of the job.
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Registrations:
- Employees in this position are required to have reliable transportation that can meet any operational reassignments of the organization during the workday. If an employee is driving during work hours, the employee is required to possess a valid driver's license and must be in compliance with Arizona vehicle insurance requirements.
Preferred Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities:
- Master's Degree in Business or a related field from an accredited college or university
- Nine (9) years of supervisory experience; preferably in a healthcare environment;
- Twelve (12) years of procurement, buyer or purchasing agent experience.
- People Management
- Risk Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Performance Assessment
- Cultural Competence and Adaptation
- Direct supervision of staff as assigned.
- Participates in recruiting, selecting, orienting and training staff as assigned.
- Schedules staff conducts employee training, professional development and annual performance reviews as assigned.
- Accomplishes department objectives by planning and evaluating department activities and by managing staff.